Turtle rescue injures two

Old June 26th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Turtle rescue injures two

A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
The fate of the turtle was not reported.

<http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>

--
John Carr )
Old June 26th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

John F. Carr wrote:
> A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
> The fate of the turtle was not reported.
>
> <http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>
>
> --
> John Carr )

We'll see if this passes under LBVH's radar...will likely find a way to
blame the other drivers....

Limp-wristed liberalism at its finest.

"You can't be serious!" - John McEnroe

Old June 26th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"John F. Carr" > wrote in message
>A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
> The fate of the turtle was not reported.
>
> <http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>

That section is MAJORLY busy, with dense, high-speed traffic in all lanes.
Stopping on that highway is homicidal. The idiot was extremely lucky that
nobody died. Meanwhile, the turtle is ****ed as he got halfway across the
street before someone took him right back where he started. -Dave

Old June 26th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

John F. Carr wrote:
> A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
> The fate of the turtle was not reported.
>
> <http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>

"There were no other injuries and no summonses issued, said Cyr.
Other drivers involved were Norma Mason of Haverhill, Mass., Vania
Babikova of South Portland, Maine, and Barbara Davis-Walnum of Amherst.

Cyr said the woman who stopped for the turtle put her life and others
in danger by stopping and getting out of the vehicle. "

Why the hell wasn't the woman who stopped at LEAST given a ticket?
WTF?

Old June 26th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Larry Bud wrote:
> John F. Carr wrote:
> > A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> > to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> > among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
> > The fate of the turtle was not reported.
> >
> > <http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>

> "There were no other injuries and no summonses issued, said Cyr.
> Other drivers involved were Norma Mason of Haverhill, Mass., Vania
> Babikova of South Portland, Maine, and Barbara Davis-Walnum of Amherst.
>
> Cyr said the woman who stopped for the turtle put her life and others
> in danger by stopping and getting out of the vehicle. "
>
> Why the hell wasn't the woman who stopped at LEAST given a ticket?
> WTF?

Check out the article...the "b" took off!

Old June 26th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

morticide wrote: <brevity snip>
> John F. Carr wrote:
> > A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> > to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> > among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.

> We'll see if this passes under LBVH's radar...will likely find a way to
> blame the other drivers....

Doesn't take much logic to assess most of the blame. Who crashed; who
didn't, and why?

One thing is certain, the stopped vehicle didn't hit anything.
-----

- gpsman

Old June 26th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Doesn't take much logic to assess most of the blame. Who crashed; who
> didn't, and why?
>
> One thing is certain, the stopped vehicle didn't hit anything.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Interesting logic. A Mustang driver pulls over to the breakdown lane, grabs
a chainsaw from the trunk, uses the chainsaw to cut down a tree by the side
of the highway. The tree falls, completely blocking the highway. The first
car to approach the falling tree stops (barely), but several other vehicles
collide with the first car, causing a massive pile-up. The Mustang driver
hops back in the Mustang and drives away.

In your line of thinking, the driver of the Mustang did nothing wrong, as
there isn't a scratch on the Mustang.

Where your logic fails is that you forgot about the minimum speed limits.
They are there for a reason, though they are usually not posted. ZERO is
well below the minumum speed limit on most highways. If the idiot who
caused the collision wanted to help the turtle, she could have stopped in
the breakdown lane. It might not have been legal, but it would have been
safe. (until the driver played frogger to help the turtle, that is) -Dave

Old June 26th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, I wrote:
>A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
>to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
>among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
>The fate of the turtle was not reported.
>
><http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Turtle+rescue+leads+to+pile-up+on+I-93&articleId=ce738eb3-d4c1-4cc6-a1c5-2f0eaf5e9994>

And today driving home somebody stopped for a small group
of ducklings on I-95 in Waltham, Mass. and nearly caused
a similar accident. I almost ended up in the offending
driver's lap. First time I've locked up the brakes on
dry pavement in I don't know how long. (As much as you
can lock the brakes with ABS.)

--
John Carr )
Old June 26th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:

> the breakdown lane. It might not have been legal, but it would have been
> safe. (until the driver played frogger to help the turtle, that is) -Dave

^r

THe shoulder of an interstate isn't safe... but safer than stoping in the
lane.

Old June 26th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> John F. Carr said in rec.autos.driving:
> A woman stopped in the left lane of I-93 and got out of her car
> to help a turtle cross the road. Unfortunately, she was not
> among those injured in the resulting wreck and fled the scene.
> The fate of the turtle was not reported.

I've seen that happen here from time to time, people getting out of
their cars to help a turtle across the road. Often wondered a couple of
things about them: 1) why are they endangering themselves and others to
assist a turtle (let Darwin do his work) and 2) who many times has the
turtle been returned to the point from which he started?

Semi-driver smashes 7 cars - kills 4 - injures 4 others necromancer Driving 0 June 5th 06 11:57 PM
Semi-driver smashes 7 cars - kills 4 - injures 4 others necromancer Driving 0 June 3rd 06 01:32 PM
Jeep to the rescue Kevin C. Jeep 8 September 21st 05 02:29 PM
WHICH TURTLE WAX TO USE ?? Jim Jeep 7 September 6th 05 11:25 PM
HELP ! Which Turtle Wax to Use Jim General 1 March 19th 05 07:43 PM