Bolt size?

Old September 17th 05, 06:48 PM
83 CJ

Default Bolt size?

I'm looking for some help on a bolt size. Need to replace the bolts
that hold the front and rear shackel hangers on an '83 CJ7. Does
anyone know the size, lentgh and thread count?

thanks in advance

Old September 19th 05, 07:58 PM
Jeff Strickland

I'd take mine down to a good hardware store and simply match them up with a
good Grade 8 and go from there. I don't know what size they are, but they
are not hard to find. If you have reservations with using bolts from a
hardware store, then go to an autoparts store that has a collection of
bolts. I use my local NAPA Store, they have lots of automotive bolts.

oups.com...