C-4 Rear Bearing Hub Question

Old October 4th 04, 02:18 AM
Don B.

Default C-4 Rear Bearing Hub Question

Hi,

Has anybody replaced the rear hub on a C-4? How long did it take?
Any gotchyas? Special tools, What size is the Spindle Nut?

Thanks,
Don B.
Old October 4th 04, 03:41 AM
Jon Smith

The nut is metric and you need a special socket. When you buy the
bearing you should ask for the socket. That is when I bought mine and I
do not remember the size. Be careful that you do not dameage the abs
harness...

Old October 4th 04, 03:41 AM
Jon Smith

Old October 5th 04, 04:12 AM
Steve Raft

On my '94 the nut is 36mm. You'll also need a torx 55 for the 3 bolts that
hold the bearing/hub onto the knuckle. The higher you can get the car the
better - on jack stands, getting enough leverage to break the torx bolts is
difficult. I didn't remove the half shaft or any of the suspension links.
If you remove some of these components it gives more access to the bolts.
Don't forget to properly torque up the spindle nut when you're done.

Steve Raft
'94 Blk/Blk 6spd Z07 coupe

Old October 5th 04, 04:12 AM
Steve Raft

Old October 6th 04, 03:30 PM
Don B.

Thanks for the answer(s) and advice

Don B.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:12:04 -0400, "Steve Raft" >
wrote:

>On my '94 the nut is 36mm. You'll also need a torx 55 for the 3 bolts that
>hold the bearing/hub onto the knuckle. The higher you can get the car the
>better - on jack stands, getting enough leverage to break the torx bolts is
>difficult. I didn't remove the half shaft or any of the suspension links.
>If you remove some of these components it gives more access to the bolts.
>Don't forget to properly torque up the spindle nut when you're done.
>
>Steve Raft
>'94 Blk/Blk 6spd Z07 coupe

.. .

Old October 6th 04, 03:30 PM
Don B.

wrote:

>On my '94 the nut is 36mm. You'll also need a torx 55 for the 3 bolts that
>hold the bearing/hub onto the knuckle. The higher you can get the car the
>better - on jack stands, getting enough leverage to break the torx bolts is
>difficult. I didn't remove the half shaft or any of the suspension links.
>If you remove some of these components it gives more access to the bolts.
>Don't forget to properly torque up the spindle nut when you're done.
>
>Steve Raft
>'94 Blk/Blk 6spd Z07 coupe
>

>"Don B." make the one numeric> wrote in message
.. .
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anybody replaced the rear hub on a C-4? How long did it take?
>> Any gotchyas? Special tools, What size is the Spindle Nut?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Don B.

E46 Ci - Rear Tray & Folding Seats Noises Class 1 BMW 3 November 11th 04 09:21 AM
BMW E65 Rear monitor Paul Aspinall BMW 1 November 4th 04 11:52 PM
Rear amped speakers vitonxl Audi 1 October 17th 04 08:38 PM