2005 Accord: iPod-friendly?

Old March 29th 05, 08:54 PM
Paul Wylie

Default 2005 Accord: iPod-friendly?

Is the 2005 Accord iPod-friendly, or not? I don't own an iPod, but given
the iPod's large installed base, and the high quantity of iPod-friendly
car stereo interfaces these days, it makes sense to me to think about this
as I plan for my next car. I'm leaning toward an Accord sedan (haven't
yet decided on a trim level), but none of the iPod interfaces I've found
list compatibility with any Accord newer than 2002.

Alternatively, I am considering the '05 Camry, and I know for a fact I can
get an iPod interface for it.

I've seen a post or two about the iPod in an Accord, but nothing that
stated definitively that (A) there is an iPod interface for the 2005
Accord and (B) it allows you to remotely control the iPod just as you
would a CD changer.

If I get an '05 Accord and try to hook up an iPod, am I going to be stuck
with using an AUX interface and have to reach over and grab the damn thing
every time I want to switch playlists?

TIA.

--Paul
** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Old March 29th 05, 09:25 PM

Paul Wylie > wrote:
> Is the 2005 Accord iPod-friendly, or not? I don't own an iPod, but given
> the iPod's large installed base, and the high quantity of iPod-friendly
> car stereo interfaces these days, it makes sense to me to think about this
> as I plan for my next car. I'm leaning toward an Accord sedan (haven't
> yet decided on a trim level), but none of the iPod interfaces I've found
> list compatibility with any Accord newer than 2002.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03pcpod.html
HONDA: 2003-2005 Accord
Not shipping as of 1/25/05.

--
---

Old March 29th 05, 10:06 PM
halo2 guy

I have seen others than the one listed for much cheaper...around $70 but I
don't know about all the functions.

Old March 30th 05, 05:10 PM
Paul Wylie

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03pcpod.html
> HONDA: 2003-2005 Accord
> Not shipping as of 1/25/05.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Old April 3rd 05, 07:33 AM
Pars

Instead of using a permanent installation, I simply use my AUX adapter that
plugs into the tape deck. The tape deck is a high end Alpine unit and the
sound quality is comparable to my 6 disk changer (that recently failed on
me).

A cool thing about 98 Civic's dash, is a little slot that's beside the tape
deck, which is a perfect fit for my 6GB iPod Mini. The fit is quite
convenient and I can reach over and click the 'next' button without taking
my eyes off the road. The Mini's 18hr (or more) battery life eliminates the
need for a power adapter unit, which means less wires and easy removal.

Pars

Old April 3rd 05, 08:12 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
Paul Wylie > wrote:

> Is the 2005 Accord iPod-friendly, or not? I don't own an iPod, but given
> the iPod's large installed base, and the high quantity of iPod-friendly
> car stereo interfaces these days, it makes sense to me to think about this
> as I plan for my next car. I'm leaning toward an Accord sedan (haven't
> yet decided on a trim level), but none of the iPod interfaces I've found
> list compatibility with any Accord newer than 2002.
>
> Alternatively, I am considering the '05 Camry, and I know for a fact I can
> get an iPod interface for it.
>
> I've seen a post or two about the iPod in an Accord, but nothing that
> stated definitively that (A) there is an iPod interface for the 2005
> Accord and (B) it allows you to remotely control the iPod just as you
> would a CD changer.
>
> If I get an '05 Accord and try to hook up an iPod, am I going to be stuck
> with using an AUX interface and have to reach over and grab the damn thing
> every time I want to switch playlists?
>
> TIA.
>
> --Paul
> ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **

There's probably a minimal adaptor available for the 05 Accord. A
bigger problem is that it has a dirt-cheap stereo and it's not yet
possible to replace it. The only adaptor kit that exists for the 05
Accord right now is a replacement for the lower storage compartment.
You have to keep the old radio to make the climate controls work. Very
lame.
Old April 3rd 05, 06:55 PM
halo2 guy

Welcome to the 21st century. Taped decks are not even an option anymore so
your adapter idea won't work for him.

Old April 3rd 05, 08:18 PM
Randolph

halo2 guy wrote:

> Welcome to the 21st century. Taped decks are not even an option anymore so
> your adapter idea won't work for him.

<RANT>

If only... At the auto shows you still see plenty of new models with
those dastardly things in them. Why in the world would people still want
a tape deck? Sure, they might have a collection of tapes that you
really really like, but if so, wouldn't those tapes be worn out by now?

Oh, and a tape deck /is/ an option for the 2005 Accord!

</RANT>
Old April 3rd 05, 09:45 PM

halo2 guy > wrote:
> Welcome to the 21st century. Taped decks are not even an option anymore so
> your adapter idea won't work for him.

2005 Honda CR-V. 6CD in dash changer, XM Radio, and Cassette.
<http://automobiles.honda.com/models/audio_accessories.asp?ModelName=CR%2DV>
A blend of old and new ;-)

---

Old April 4th 05, 02:32 AM
Pars

"halo2 guy" > wrote in message
> Welcome to the 21st century. Taped decks are not even an option anymore so
> your adapter idea won't work for him./

Aren't we a little trigger-happy? Is all the gaming from Halo getting to
you? (just kidding, I'm actually currently playing #1 from my newly
acquired xbox. If #2 is better, it's going to be a blast)

Anyways, a good quality tape deck (mated to a portable mp3 player) is an
ideal solution for those who don't want to dish out the extra $$$ for a CD
player and want the digital quality sound (not to mention the free downloads
and the ability to hold 1000's of songs in one mp3 unit)

Pars

> "Pars" > wrote in message
> > Instead of using a permanent installation, I simply use my AUX adapter
> > that
> > plugs into the tape deck. The tape deck is a high end Alpine unit and

the
> > sound quality is comparable to my 6 disk changer (that recently failed

on
> > me).
> >
> > A cool thing about 98 Civic's dash, is a little slot that's beside the
> > tape
> > deck, which is a perfect fit for my 6GB iPod Mini. The fit is quite
> > convenient and I can reach over and click the 'next' button without

taking
> > my eyes off the road. The Mini's 18hr (or more) battery life eliminates
> > the
> > need for a power adapter unit, which means less wires and easy removal.
> >
> > Pars
> >
> > "Paul Wylie" > wrote in message
> >> Is the 2005 Accord iPod-friendly, or not? I don't own an iPod, but

given
> >> the iPod's large installed base, and the high quantity of iPod-friendly
> >> car stereo interfaces these days, it makes sense to me to think about
> >> this
> >> as I plan for my next car. I'm leaning toward an Accord sedan (haven't
> >> yet decided on a trim level), but none of the iPod interfaces I've foun

> >> list compatibility with any Accord newer than 2002.
> >>
> >> Alternatively, I am considering the '05 Camry, and I know for a fact I
> >> can
> >> get an iPod interface for it.
> >>
> >> I've seen a post or two about the iPod in an Accord, but nothing that
> >> stated definitively that (A) there is an iPod interface for the 2005
> >> Accord and (B) it allows you to remotely control the iPod just as you
> >> would a CD changer.
> >>
> >> If I get an '05 Accord and try to hook up an iPod, am I going to be

stuck
> >> with using an AUX interface and have to reach over and grab the damn
> >> thing
> >> every time I want to switch playlists?
> >>
> >> TIA.
> >>
> >> --Paul
> >> ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **

2005 Accord solar tint glass? Tom Honda 2 March 27th 05 06:59 PM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
2005 Accord ... Should I? DaveR Honda 21 February 10th 05 12:15 AM
2005 Odyssey iPod Connection Russ Fink Honda 10 January 2nd 05 12:34 AM
connecting an iPOD to a 2005 Accord stock radio SoCalMike Honda 10 October 14th 04 07:21 PM