Isuzu Rodeo Check Engine light

Old January 14th 05, 01:21 AM
rhemas

Default Isuzu Rodeo Check Engine light

wrote:
> I have a 1999 Rodeo with 70K miles on it. Car runs perfectly but
> recently the Check Engine light came on. It went off when we bought

gas
> and vented the gas tank, but a few days later it came back on. Other
> than the light being on, the vehicle runs great. Do I have to take

it
> to the dealer and pay some huge amount for them to tell me what it

is?
> Any ideas??
>
> Doug and Patty

I also have a 99 Rodeo, 70144 miles, turning right 1/6/04 the check
engine light came on, the gas guage went nuts! up and down and the gas
light was flashing off and on. I had filled up 3 days earlier and was
still at 3/4 tank. I tried the "pull the battery for 5mins, vent the
gas cap" deal and it worked for 24hrs. Then the gas light came back
on. I just got the error code from Autozone: 1627 and I have dropped
it off at the dealer. I have yet to find the reason for the code.
Weird thing was, after they pulled the diagnostic, the light went out
again! I am debating trading the thing if I get a huge repair bill(it
is still under warrenty!) but I really like the darn thing!

dan

Old January 14th 05, 06:15 AM
Comboverfish

In your case and in rhemas post also, you are probably going to find
out you have a sending unit in the gas tank that requires replacement.
The P1627 on rhemas's Rodeo is a clue to this. It means there's a
problem with the ECM processing analog data into digital. The sending
unit goes haywire and sends trash info to the ECM so it thinks that it
can't process D/A conversion correctly and sets the P1627 code.

Your problem may have worsened when you filled up your tank this time,
moving the sender from empty to full, which could have been the last
straw for the variable resistor inside.

Toyota MDT in MO