New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Old January 22nd 05, 03:20 PM
Larry Hepinstall

I'm with you, Corvettes have never appealed to me. The new one is better
but still has weird lines and an old man's interior. Of course its designed
for old men.. as thats pretty much all that can afford them (you rarely see
a young man driving a new Corvette). I have always liked Mustangs better
and the new one is fantastic.. WAY better than a Corvette IMO.

If I was given a Corvette, I'd sell it to some old codger and buy a Mustang.

LJH
95GT (331 stroker)

"WraithCobra" > wrote in message
> >> wow!!
> >> I really gotta look at the new vettes!

> Joe wrote:
> > And the best thing is that it'll actually be a real car that you can
> > buy at a dealership. Not like the pipe dream stuff we've been hearing
> > about from Ford.

> I wouldn't own a Vette if it was free, can't stand the looks. If you want
> one, get one.
> And don't worry, the Cobra will be made and it will cost less than the

base

Old January 22nd 05, 06:59 PM
DriveSpy

I keep hearing this new Z06 engine is a small block despite it being a 427.
I've always been curious and not quite clear on what exactly defines a small vs
big block motor. Is it the physical external dimensions or such? With the Z06
being a 427 I'm assuming displacement is not the criteria. How would the bore,
stroke, deck height, package size, etc compare to say Fords old 427? It was
called a big block, correct?
Old January 22nd 05, 09:40 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

I agree with you, Kate. The new Vette is the first one since '66 to
catch my eye. Something about shortening up the body, exposed
headlights and the slight alterations in the rear that make look it look
real good to me. With the new engine in the upcoming Z06 and its hard
to find much fault with it.

Old January 23rd 05, 08:46 AM

While I absolutely love the Corvette... I'd take a Mustang over it. I like
the Mustang looks, price, and name better. Sure I'll get my ass handed to
him (again) by dang near every Corvette... but that isn't gonna make me like
my car any less =). But yes.. Corvettes are VERY fine cars.. and *I* think
they are in a league above Mustangs... in price too! But again, that's a
benefit for Mustangs.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old January 23rd 05, 05:41 PM
Larry Hepinstall

I NEVER said the Corvette was a piece of crap.
I personally don't like it and never have. I would not want to be seen
owning one.
That does not mean I think its a piece of crap.

LJH
95GT (Corvette disliker, not hater)

Old January 23rd 05, 08:13 PM

If I was given a C6 there's no way in hell I'd give it up.. but I haven't
been GIVEN a C6 Vette have I? Like I said, price has to do with it as well.

-Mike

Old January 23rd 05, 08:21 PM

erm.. get my ass handed to ME by HIM rather. Ah well.. too late now.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
Hi-speed fan switch
255/60R-15 rear tires
Subframe connectors
Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

om...

Old January 24th 05, 08:56 AM

Oh hell yes I would. I never said I wouldn't OWN one... one of the main
reasons I would pick a Mustang over a Corvette is the price. Sure, less
power.. less handling... but the fun factor is still way up there. Less on
insurance too. But if I was given one or won one... of course I'd keep it.
Let me state again.. I *love* Corvettes. I love the way they look, handle,
and perform overall. They are a fantastic bang for buck in my eyes.. but I
love my Mustang more.

-Mike

Old January 24th 05, 02:22 PM

"If I was given a Corvette, I'd sell it to some old codger and buy a
Mustang.

LJH
95GT (331 stroker)

I NEVER said the Corvette was a piece of crap.
I personally don't like it and never have. I would not want to be seen
owning one.
That does not mean I think its a piece of crap.

LJH
95GT (Corvette disliker, not hater) "

I guess you confused me & Larry.. I never said I wouldn't own one if I won
one =)

-Mike

Old January 24th 05, 03:23 PM
Larry Hepinstall