Colorado cracks down on LLBs

Old April 6th 05, 09:46 AM
Bo Raxo

Default Colorado cracks down on LLBs

About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police. Sure, there
are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic laws, how
about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane blockers
(LLBs).

Bo Raxo
--
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston Churchill

Colorado state police have so far issued over 450 citations to Left Lane
Vigilantes, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before other states
follow suit.

According to The Associated Press, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said that
since the ticketing campaign began three months ago, about 90 percent of the
drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left lane said
they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.

Ninety percent!

The Grrr! column applauds the work of Master Trooper Watkins and his fellow
troopers as they keep the left lane safe for passing motorists. It's a
passing lane, folks. It's not the Sunday Driver's lane. Move, or be
ticketed.

Old April 6th 05, 11:29 AM
John David Galt

Bo Raxo wrote:
> About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police. Sure, there
> are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic laws, how
> about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane blockers
> (LLBs).

Hear hear! Sounds like the CSP finally have grown some balls.
Old April 6th 05, 01:06 PM
Paul

<alt.true-crime removed>

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:46:00 GMT, Bo Raxo said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police. Sure, there
> are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic laws, how
> about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane blockers
> (LLBs).

I was listening to the Jim Bohannon show last night and one of the
discussions was the CO law and LLB's in general. The overwhelming
consesus among the callers was that LLB's are the scum of the earth and
Bohannon even referred to the more militant LLB's (the ones who
intentionally try to incite road rage - think weisner or judy) as utterly
"worthless people." I have to agree with Bohannon's sentiment 100%.
Old April 6th 05, 02:22 PM
TargetBleigh

why do they call them Vigilantes?

nk.net...

Old April 6th 05, 02:25 PM
Larry Bud

TargetBleigh wrote:
> why do they call them Vigilantes?

Because they try to take the law into their own hands, forcing people
to drive the limit. Of course, they think that's a good thing, but in
reality it just forces people to pass on the right and endanger more
people.

Old April 7th 05, 12:08 AM
Offshore Eddie

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> TargetBleigh wrote:
> > why do they call them Vigilantes?

> Because they try to take the law into their own hands, forcing people
> to drive the limit. Of course, they think that's a good thing, but in
> reality it just forces people to pass on the right and endanger more
> people.

How are they "forced" to pass on the right? Couldn't they just drive the speed
limit? Oh no, I forgot, they're COMPELLED to drive faster than the speed limit,
and the rest of us are required to accept them as they are and forgive them.

Personally, I'm happy with the left lane being the bad driver's lane. I think
all the speeders and bad drivers should be confined by law to this lane, except
when exiting or entering the highway, and the rest of us allowed to drive in
peace in the righthand lanes. Unfortunately, what often happens is that the bad
drivers/speeders weave in and out of traffic, interfering with everyone else's
safety. I suspect these people, wherever they drive, cause the vast majority of
the U.S.'s 40,000 annual traffic fatalities.

Old April 6th 05, 04:42 PM
tiny dancer

"Bo Raxo" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police. Sure,

there
> are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic laws,

how
> about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane blockers
> (LLBs).
>

> Bo Raxo
> --
> "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston Churchill

> Colorado state police have so far issued over 450 citations to Left Lane
> Vigilantes, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before other states
> follow suit.
>
> According to The Associated Press, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said that
> since the ticketing campaign began three months ago, about 90 percent of

the
> drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left lane said
> they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.
>
> Ninety percent!
>
> The Grrr! column applauds the work of Master Trooper Watkins and his

fellow
> troopers as they keep the left lane safe for passing motorists. It's a
> passing lane, folks. It's not the Sunday Driver's lane. Move, or be
> ticketed.

OKay, maybe I'm missing something here, but is it illegal to drive the speed
limit in the left lane?

td

Old April 6th 05, 04:47 PM
N8N

tiny dancer wrote:
> "Bo Raxo" > wrote in

message
> nk.net...
> >
> > About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police.

Sure,
> there
> > are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic

laws,
> how
> > about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane

blockers
> > (LLBs).
> >

> > Bo Raxo
> > --
> > "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston

Churchill

> > http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152435,00.html
> >
> > Colorado state police have so far issued over 450 citations to Left

Lane
> > Vigilantes, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before other

states
> > follow suit.
> >
> > According to The Associated Press, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said

that
> > since the ticketing campaign began three months ago, about 90

percent of
> the
> > drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left

lane said
> > they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.
> >
> > Ninety percent!
> >
> > The Grrr! column applauds the work of Master Trooper Watkins and

his
> fellow
> > troopers as they keep the left lane safe for passing motorists.

It's a
> > passing lane, folks. It's not the Sunday Driver's lane. Move, or be
> > ticketed.

> OKay, maybe I'm missing something here, but is it illegal to drive

the speed
> limit in the left lane?
>

> td

If faster traffic is behind you and wishing to pass, yes.

nate

Old April 6th 05, 04:50 PM
tiny dancer

"N8N" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> tiny dancer wrote:
> > "Bo Raxo" > wrote in

> message
> > nk.net...
> > >
> > > About time! Kudos to Ron Watkins and the Colorado state police.

> Sure,
> > there
> > > are bigger problems, but if they're going to be enforcing traffic

> laws,
> > how
> > > about looking at issues that create problems - like left lane

> blockers
> > > (LLBs).
> > >

> > > Bo Raxo
> > > --
> > > "History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." - Winston

> Churchill
> > >

> > > http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,152435,00.html
> > >
> > > Colorado state police have so far issued over 450 citations to Left

> Lane
> > > Vigilantes, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before other

> states
> > > follow suit.
> > >
> > > According to The Associated Press, Master Trooper Ron Watkins said

> that
> > > since the ticketing campaign began three months ago, about 90

> percent of
> > the
> > > drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left

> lane said
> > > they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.
> > >
> > > Ninety percent!
> > >
> > > The Grrr! column applauds the work of Master Trooper Watkins and

> his
> > fellow
> > > troopers as they keep the left lane safe for passing motorists.

> It's a
> > > passing lane, folks. It's not the Sunday Driver's lane. Move, or be
> > > ticketed.

> > OKay, maybe I'm missing something here, but is it illegal to drive

> the speed
> > limit in the left lane?
> >

> > td

> If faster traffic is behind you and wishing to pass, yes.
>
> nate

If I'm already driving the speed limit, how can 'faster traffic' behind me
be more 'legal' than my driving the speed limit? Legally speaking, there
*shouldn't be* any faster traffic behind me.

td

Old April 6th 05, 05:00 PM
N8N

tiny dancer wrote:
> "N8N" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > tiny dancer wrote:
> > > "Bo Raxo" > wrote in

> > message
> > > nk.net...

> > Sure,
> > > there

traffic
> > laws,
> > > how

> > blockers

Winston
> > Churchill

Left
> > Lane

other
> > states

said
> > that

> > percent of
> > > the

> > lane said

and
> > his
> > > fellow

> > It's a

or be

> > > OKay, maybe I'm missing something here, but is it illegal to

drive
> > the speed
> > > limit in the left lane?
> > >

> > > td

> > If faster traffic is behind you and wishing to pass, yes.
> >
> > nate

> If I'm already driving the speed limit, how can 'faster traffic'

behind me
> be more 'legal' than my driving the speed limit? Legally speaking,

there
> *shouldn't be* any faster traffic behind me.
>
> td

Doesn't matter. The law is about safety and courtesy, not
fingerpointing and going "but he's breaking the law too..."

Look at it this way. If you sit in the left lane at the speed limit,
you can only hold up a faster driver so long, unless you actively
engage in maneuvers to block him from passing (also illegal.) He's
going to get around you anyway, probably on the right. Do you want to
hold him up, **** him off, and force him to pass on the wrong side, or
just let him go on his way? Used to be that "drive right, pass left"
was taught to all new drivers as a part of driver's ed, and in many
states passing on the right was flat out illegal, but sadly that was
let slide over the years and only recently has this issue been cause
for concern for lawmakers and law enforcement.

nate