Civic Brake Question

Old April 22nd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Civic Brake Question

I want to check my rear brakes, but can't get the damn brake drums off
to inspect the shoes. Is there some trick I don't know about how to
remove the brake drums ? I've whacked them with a hammer and sprayed
rust-buster on the lugs, in case they are rusted on. Still, they won't
budge. And YES, the emergency brake is OFF.

Old April 22nd 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I had this problem on an Isuzu pickup and I eventually took it to a mechanic
because I could not get them off no matter how much I hit it with a hammer.
He used an air hammer until they broke loose. Even then, he had to go to
town with that air hammer for a good 5 minutes before they would release.

Sid

oups.com...

Old April 23rd 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

> wrote
> And I didn't even consider the two bolt-holes.......never
> even gave
> them a thought.

Oh for sure get the correct fitting bolts and put them in
those holes. I drove my 91 Civic for many years in the
Northern U.S. Using the bolt holes a few years ago, I
didn't have any meaningful problem getting the drums off.

BTW, always helps others (now or for the archives) to post
your year of Honda and miles on it, in addition to the
model. :-)

Anti-Lock Brake question Oppie Saturn 9 December 7th 05 10:15 PM
63 Brake line question lib Corvette 2 November 9th 05 05:18 PM
02 Civic - CD changer question Nathan Strom Honda 1 September 17th 05 02:18 PM
2000 HONDA CIVIC QUESTION Subhabrata Bhattacharyya Honda 6 April 8th 05 06:15 PM
simple brake question [email protected] Honda 3 April 1st 05 02:09 AM