99 ford explorer air bags sensors

Old March 16th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default 99 ford explorer air bags sensors

My girlfriend lost control of the suv and hit a tree almost center of
the suv. Bumper of the suv is badly damaged and the hood of the vehicle
buckled. she did have her seat belt on , thank god! she has some
bruises, but other than that she was ok. probably in shock. The vehicle
was assest by a collision investigator with AAA auto club and they said
the car was totaled. However I am just amazed after seeing the
pictures and knowing that none of the airbags deployed. Is there
something wrong with this? I mean I wish I can post some pictures for
everyone to see it. It took me by suprise. why didn't it deploy?

Thank you,
Hok

Old March 16th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

The air bags will not deploy if the major thrust angle of the collision
falls outside a fairly narrow "window". If it did, it could deflect the
users body at an angle increasing the possibility or severity of injuries.

oups.com...