Audi Radio: Delta CC in 96 Audi Cab doesn't turn on......

Old March 12th 05, 03:53 AM

Default Audi Radio: Delta CC in 96 Audi Cab doesn't turn on......

Wondering if any of you could help.....My Audi was recently rear-ended.
It had body work, and then replacement of an oil pressure sending unit
and CV joint in the front.

The radio was working before repairs, and now it doesn't. It
illuminates with the dash, but no power - nothing - when i turn the
knob. I've checked the radio fuse and its good (plus when that fuse
is out the dome and clock go too, and their still good). I've also
pulled the radio and checked all the connections in the back.

Radio is Delta CC: Audi part # 8A0 035 192
(a great reference on audi radios:
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/)

1. Is there anything that the shop might have disconnected (on purpose
or by accident) in doing the body / engine work that would cause this?

2. Are these radio fairly sensitive? Upon return the fuse was still
in, could the radio have been fried as a result of all the work?

I've seen a couple on Ebay - but want to be sure the radio is bad
before replacing. If so - I would be interested if anybody has a used
one to sell.

Thank you....

Old March 12th 05, 11:21 AM
Masterson

Why take the chance of buying one off Ebay?

Have you considered taking the car to a Car Audio shop that
repairs OEM radios?

Our shop does and depending what's wrong the cost could
range from $10 to $150. What I'm saying is that at least you
would be spending your money correctly. You could buy a
used radio from Ebay (which might not work itself) and find
out that it doesn't even fix the problem.

You clearly don't know what the cause of the failure is.
Consider having someone that knows, fix it.

Old March 14th 05, 02:18 PM
Steve Sears

dc,
You said that you checked the "radio fuse" and the dome and clock lights go
out - that sounds like the fuse in the car's fusebox. There should be a
fuse on the back of the radio itself that breaks power to the radio only.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
oups.com...

Old March 19th 05, 12:04 AM

Thanks Steve! That was exactly what I needed to know. I was hoping it
was something simple like that. The fuse on the back of the Delta is
well tucked away, and I never had the radio guide to know about it.
One trip to Radio Shack and a 5 AMP blade fuse and I'm back in
business. Many thanks....

Old March 19th 05, 01:28 PM
Masterson

Sounds like my idea of a $10 fix at a car audio shop
would have worked......

Glad it worked out.

93 Audi 90S radio Fxrman80 Audi 4 April 5th 05 07:02 PM
Audi 100 1998 Model + Concert Radio / CD changer ? [email protected] Audi 0 February 22nd 05 02:44 PM
FYI: Audi radio reception problems? Steve Sears Audi 0 December 15th 04 03:32 PM
Poor AM Radio reception in A4 Cam Newton Audi 18 May 31st 04 11:45 PM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM