Delivery Time for Factory Order

Old January 27th 05, 02:39 AM
rgb

Default Delivery Time for Factory Order

I ordered a 2005 Wrangler X on November 24th of last year. I was told
to expect 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. It has now been 9 weeks and still
no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
experience?

Old January 27th 05, 02:51 AM
DougW

rgb did pass the time by typing:
> I ordered a 2005 Wrangler X on November 24th of last year. I was told
> to expect 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. It has now been 9 weeks and still
> no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
> experience?

If they put your vehicle into production it should have a build sheet
even if it's not off the line yet. Anything else just means the dealer
is waiting on a delivery of something that matches what you want or waiting
to trade with another dealer when that Jeep comes into the system.

I'd be calling and remind them that the order may be canceled if they
don't get an answer that very day.

--
DougW

Old January 27th 05, 02:52 AM
twaldron

Why in the world are you ordering a vehicle without a firm price??? You
should have received a VON within the first week or two and an VIN
shortly after that, depending on production runs. If your dealership is
giving you that much of a runaround, call DC Customer Service and get
the facts about what is going on.

rgb wrote:
> I ordered a 2005 Wrangler X on November 24th of last year. I was told
> to expect 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. It has now been 9 weeks and still
> no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
> experience?

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old January 27th 05, 04:57 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.jeep.com/universal/J/inde...r=wccs&prefix=
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 28th 05, 02:30 AM
Derrick Hudson

On 26 Jan 2005 18:39:09 -0800, rgb wrote:
> I ordered a 2005 Wrangler X on November 24th of last year. I was told
> to expect 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. It has now been 9 weeks and still
> no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
> experience?

When I went looking, the dealer told me that the price would be agreed
before the order is placed. If you don't have a price, then I
certainly hope you haven't signed a contract and have the option of
going elsewhere. I was told that sometimes it can take a few months
for an ordered vehicle to arrive depending on production runs and the
number of other (probably dealer) orders. Instead they found one at a
not too far away dealer that was almost exactly what I would have
considered ordering.

-D

--
Emacs is a nice operating system, it lacks a decent editor though

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/ jabber:
Old January 28th 05, 02:49 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"rgb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>It has now been 9 weeks and still
> no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
> experience?

i dont understand the price thing. i ordered an '05 rubicon just a couple
hours ago see http://7slotgrille.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552 and look
at the order form. you should have filled out a similar order form and it
clearly lists the price.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old January 28th 05, 11:54 PM
rgb

My thanks to the earlier reply that suggested calling DC Customer
Service. I called and got the status and an estimated delivery date
range. It looks now like the delivery time will be 11 to 12 weeks.
That's quite a bit longer than the 4 to 6 weeks I was promised, but at
least now I know what to expect.

On the price thing:
Before placing the order, I had a print out of the options and five (5)
total prices, labeled HB, FFP, EP, MSRP, and FWP - just like the web
page referenced in the previous reply. My price was to be the FWP.
But at the bottom of the page it said "The prices shown are for
information only and are subject to change or correction without prior
notice." When the jeep arrives I expect the dealer to honor the verbal
agreement to sell at the FWP and the dealer expects me to honor my
promist to buy at that price. I did not sign anything and my
understanding is that the $500 is refundable.

I do not know whether such verbal promise-to-buy/promise-to-sell
agreements are rare, common, or routine. I like the idea of a
handshake deal, but it relies on trust. When the dealer did not keep
me informed, that trust started to break down. I called the dealer at
the time of my first post. Since then there have been five replies
from the group, and no call back from the dealer.

Old January 29th 05, 04:01 AM
twaldron

Glad to help, if you're referring to my post. I've ordered vehicles
verbally before, but there is always some sort of written
correspondence, even if only an email, that includes the definitive
price. I might give the go-ahead to order verbally over the phone, for
instance...sometimes without even a deposit. In fact, I did just that
with my present Rubicon. The only problem I had was that the salesbot
tried to add in an Oil Change Package and some other crap on the
delivery day. I just walked out and let the Jeep sit an entire week
before he called and said, "come get it." But that can happen with
any sales agreement. You invariably get some bozo trying something in
the end.

Old February 12th 05, 10:27 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"rgb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I ordered a 2005 Wrangler X on November 24th of last year. I was told
> to expect 4 to 6 weeks to delivery. It has now been 9 weeks and still
> no car, no firm date, and no firm price. What has been other's
> experience?

i find this especially odd now. i wanted to get my financing lined up in
advance so that when my new rubicon arrives i can write a check and leave
with it. i dropped by my dealership today to see if they could give me a
vin# to take to the bank and not only was my local dealer able to give me a
vin# but he was also able to tell me that my jeep was in step "E" (being
painted). he told me that next it goes to trim and then final inspection
and that i could possibly have it in just a few weeks. i just ordered my
jeep jan 27.

contact your local dealership, they are able to pull up your order and see
the build status. i thought that was really cool, i just wish i could do it
myself online.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old February 13th 05, 01:37 PM
twaldron

You can't do it online yet, but you can do it over the phone.