Driving instruction video games?

Old November 11th 04, 09:54 AM
Dr.Dusseldorf

Default Driving instruction video games?

I am looking for a video game for a home pc that teaches
people to drive. An instructional driving simulator.

Ideally, I would like a game that takes the player through
a series of on-road driving lessons and then a driving test, and includes
such things as having to remember to do a shoulder check,
signal, etc. before changing lanes, reduce/increase speed according
to posted speed limits, enter highways correctly, etc.
The player would have to click corresponding buttons or
keyboard keys in correct sequence to simulate shoulder check,
turning signal, etc. The computerized instructor/examiner would
keep a running tally of errors. Hopefully, this would be done
in exact accordance with the state/provincial standards for each
players durisdiction. The player would set the correct settings
for his home address and the lessons and tests would automatically
correspond to his durisdiction. The recommended hardware would be
a pc-game steering wheel and pedal accessory to closely simulate
driving.

Does anyone know of a game like this? the closest I have found
so far was a u.k.-based game called drivingtestsuccess and an american
site called road-ready teens, (software designed by either General Motors
or Ford or Chrysler)
Old November 11th 04, 03:58 PM
machf

On 11 Nov 2004 00:54:32 -0800, (Dr.Dusseldorf)
wrote:

>I am looking for a video game for a home pc that teaches
>people to drive. An instructional driving simulator.
>
>Ideally, I would like a game that takes the player through
>a series of on-road driving lessons and then a driving test, and includes
>such things as having to remember to do a shoulder check,
>signal, etc. before changing lanes, reduce/increase speed according
>to posted speed limits, enter highways correctly, etc.
>The player would have to click corresponding buttons or
>keyboard keys in correct sequence to simulate shoulder check,
>turning signal, etc. The computerized instructor/examiner would
>keep a running tally of errors. Hopefully, this would be done
>in exact accordance with the state/provincial standards for each
>players durisdiction. The player would set the correct settings
>for his home address and the lessons and tests would automatically
>correspond to his durisdiction. The recommended hardware would be
>a pc-game steering wheel and pedal accessory to closely simulate
>driving.
>
>Does anyone know of a game like this? the closest I have found
>so far was a u.k.-based game called drivingtestsuccess and an american
>site called road-ready teens, (software designed by either General Motors
>or Ford or Chrysler)

Try
http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/
English version at http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/uk_index.htm
Seems to fit right with what you're asking for...

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and ".sons.of" parts before replying
Old November 12th 04, 02:15 AM
Dr.Dusseldorf

machf > wrote in message >. ..
> On 11 Nov 2004 00:54:32 -0800, (Dr.Dusseldorf)
> wrote:
>
> >I am looking for a video game for a home pc that teaches
> >people to drive. An instructional driving simulator.
> >
> >Ideally, I would like a game that takes the player through
> >a series of on-road driving lessons and then a driving test, and includes
> >such things as having to remember to do a shoulder check,
> >signal, etc. before changing lanes, reduce/increase speed according
> >to posted speed limits, enter highways correctly, etc.
> >The player would have to click corresponding buttons or
> >keyboard keys in correct sequence to simulate shoulder check,
> >turning signal, etc. The computerized instructor/examiner would
> >keep a running tally of errors. Hopefully, this would be done
> >in exact accordance with the state/provincial standards for each
> >players jurisdiction. The player would set the correct settings
> >for his home address and the lessons and tests would automatically
> >correspond to his jurisdiction. The recommended hardware would be
> >a pc-game steering wheel and pedal accessory to closely simulate
> >driving.
> >
> >Does anyone know of a game like this? the closest I have found
> >so far was a u.k.-based game called drivingtestsuccess and an american
> >site called road-ready teens, (software designed by either General Motors
> >or Ford or Chrysler)

> Try
http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/
> English version at http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/uk_index.htm
> Seems to fit right with what you're asking for...

--------------
this looks great.
I just wish they had a Canadian version available!
Old November 12th 04, 08:42 AM
Stephen F.

"Dr.Dusseldorf" > wrote in message
om...

>> Try http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/
>> English version at http://www.3d-fahrschule.de/uk_index.htm
>> Seems to fit right with what you're asking for...

> --------------
> this looks great.
> I just wish they had a Canadian version available!

Don't worry... the Germans drive better than we Canadians do, so you'll be
well ahead of the curve with this program :-)

Stephen

Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----

HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 06:27 PM
Driving instruction in TT's - UK _Jambers_ Audi 4 December 9th 04 10:29 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
Video producer seeking expert for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 6th 04 12:37 AM