05 Dual top wiper problem

Old July 17th 05, 02:57 PM
Mike

Default 05 Dual top wiper problem

I just picked up an 05 Unlimited dual top and the rear wiper is
scraping the rear brake light plastic. Does anyone know what would
cause this? Do I need to remove the soft top rails? It does not seem
like lowering the top the extra 1/8 inch would do it. I took off the
rear tire and it still touches with no presure on the plastic. Thanks.

Old July 17th 05, 03:08 PM
Mike Romain

Is stealhorse making them already?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 17th 05, 06:46 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

(a) Is the wiper actually making contact with the glass?

(b) Please define "soft top rails." Are you installing the hard top over the
folded -down soft top? Not a good idea...

(c) When you closed the rear door, did you first close the rear glass
liftgate? The glass is secured with the rear door. If you close the glass
liftgate after you close the door, the glass may stick out far enough to
cause your problem.

(c) Maybe the third brake light housing can be adjusted.

(d) If you just picked it up from the dealer, take it back, you have a
warranty, you know.

oups.com...

Old July 17th 05, 06:58 PM
Mike

a) Yes
b) Soft top rails - the top is setup as shipped with the rails that
you attach the back side/rear windows to the body with, in between the
top and the body. I did not see anything in the manual about this.
c1) Yes
c2) I checked this when I had the tire off. No such luck.
d) I had planned to make an appointment first thing Monday morning if I
had not figured it out by then.
Thanks

Old July 18th 05, 02:51 AM
Endo

"Mike" > wrote:
> b) Soft top rails - the top is setup as shipped with the rails that
> you attach the back side/rear windows to the body with, in between the
> top and the body. I did not see anything in the manual about this.

The is the 'belt rail' and is part of the body. It is not designed to be
removable. The hard plastic parts at the bottom of the side windows tucks
under this to hold them in place. You may have the two smaller black
brackets at either side of the top of your tailgate, meant for the 'tailgate
bar' already mounted. Check to make sure the hardtop glass is closing all
the way and not stopping at these brackets. I had an issue with mine after
I bought a hardtop and put it on. Those brackets wouldn't let the glass
close another half inch or so. This may be your solution.

Shawn

Old July 18th 05, 03:25 PM
extremetj

on the dual top option. both tops are installed ... this is for shipping
only ... after you have taken delivery of the vehicle the soft top should be
removed as for if left in the corners will rub through. this should be in
the video that was given with the Jeep.

Old August 13th 05, 03:45 PM
Mike

My wife took it to the dealer. They fixed it right away and said the
glass was not mounted in the right position. So far no other problems.