no-start on 2000 Chev Express van..Read in..

Old January 3rd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default no-start on 2000 Chev Express van..Read in..

Did this happen all of a sudden or have you had no-starts before? Usually an engine will give
an indication of trouble before it decides to not run at all. Ignition parts are always suspect with
a no-run condition but it could be just about anything. Without the computer error codes, if there
is any, it's a guessing game. Water in the fuel, a broken wire, corroded connector, etc, take your pick.

Any other information you can give like, whether it just happened, last time it was serviced
if anything has been replaced, etc, would help alot.

Mech_Tech

Old January 4th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

It happened suddenly, no indication of prior fault. Damp weather lately,
that's all that might have been an external cause. Fuel has 5 gallons in
tank (at least), battery got a fresh charge plus a boost, all the obvious
stuff. I don't feel like spraying quick-start in, with new FI etc it seems
less of a good idea than it did with carburated engines. I think its a
sensor of some sort, it feels like no spark. Might be no cold start
enrichment. The local garage has it now, I had it towed.

My only "must do" requirement for modern cars is they have to start every
time. They don't have to look good, perform exceptionally, or anything else
except start every time.

Brian

Old January 5th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default no-start on 2000 Chev Express van..fixed...

Distributor cap and rotor, total including towing $330 cnd. Could have been
a lot worse, I suppose.

Brian

"Brian" > wrote in message
t.ca...
> It happened suddenly, no indication of prior fault. Damp weather lately,
> that's all that might have been an external cause. Fuel has 5 gallons in
> tank (at least), battery got a fresh charge plus a boost, all the obvious
> stuff. I don't feel like spraying quick-start in, with new FI etc it
> seems less of a good idea than it did with carburated engines. I think
> its a sensor of some sort, it feels like no spark. Might be no cold start
> enrichment. The local garage has it now, I had it towed.
>
> My only "must do" requirement for modern cars is they have to start every
> time. They don't have to look good, perform exceptionally, or anything
> else except start every time.
>
> Brian
>

> > wrote in message
>> Did this happen all of a sudden or have you had no-starts before?
>> Usually an engine will give
>> an indication of trouble before it decides to not run at all. Ignition
>> parts are always suspect with
>> a no-run condition but it could be just about anything. Without the
>> computer error codes, if there
>> is any, it's a guessing game. Water in the fuel, a broken wire, corroded
>> connector, etc, take your pick.
>>
>> Any other information you can give like, whether it just happened, last
>> time it was serviced
>> if anything has been replaced, etc, would help alot.
>>
>> Mech_Tech

no-start on 2000 Chev Express van Brian Technology 3 January 5th 06 05:14 AM
2000 Chevy Express won't start, help! Bushleague Technology 3 April 7th 05 05:52 PM
GM techs - rear end swap 2000 express van Brian Technology 0 February 22nd 05 04:44 PM
2000 E320 cold start dren BMW 0 January 17th 05 11:49 PM
2000 Civic LX hard to start, no spark at all. Alan Russell Honda 15 November 2nd 04 11:01 AM