FORD buying majority share of Honda

Old February 6th 05, 08:52 PM
Zelk

"He Hate Retard and Moron" > wrote in message
> Sure..... just a ploy to get everyone to buy your worthless FORD stocks!
>

> ____________________________________
> Do not write below this line. Reserved for me.

If that was his intent, bad move. Usually the stock price of the acquiring
company (the company spending the money to buy) goes down.

Old February 8th 05, 12:02 AM
Pars

">
> thats news to me. GM owns half the toyota/GM NUMMI (new united motor
> manufacturing international) plant in fremont, ca. thats where they
> make tacomas and pontiac vibes.

That's where my 1986 Chevy Nova was built which is basically the same as the
Toyota Corolla. My brothers and me most have gotten into about 4 accidents
per year until the lease ended and we returned the car (All three of us got
our licensed within a few weeks of each other and a few month later, we got
the Nova). It's too bad that the dealership didn't put the car up on a hoist
before taking it back. But back then, leasing was a fairly new
concept....even for the dealerships.

Pars

Old February 9th 05, 01:35 AM
twaugh5

"hunkman" > wrote in message
om...
> I just heard that Ford Motor Company is purchasing up to 40% of all
> shares of Honda. This is not official yet, but it is in the works.
> Interesting...

Does that mean Honda will start selling Expeditions and Navigators -- under
a Honda badge like the Passport. Boggles the mind. Seriously doubt Honda
would contaminate itself.

Old February 9th 05, 04:57 AM
Gordon McGrew

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:35:18 -0500, "twaugh5" > wrote:

>"hunkman" > wrote in message
. com...
>> I just heard that Ford Motor Company is purchasing up to 40% of all
>> shares of Honda. This is not official yet, but it is in the works.
>> Interesting...

>Does that mean Honda will start selling Expeditions and Navigators -- under
>a Honda badge like the Passport. Boggles the mind. Seriously doubt Honda
>would contaminate itself.

(again)

Old February 10th 05, 12:54 PM

Gordon McGrew wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:35:18 -0500, "twaugh5" > wrote:
>

> >"hunkman" > wrote in message
> . com...
> >> I just heard that Ford Motor Company is purchasing up to 40% of

all
> >> shares of Honda. This is not official yet, but it is in the

works.
> >> Interesting...

> >Does that mean Honda will start selling Expeditions and Navigators

-- under
> >a Honda badge like the Passport. Boggles the mind. Seriously doubt

Honda
> >would contaminate itself.

> (again)

Inside news, not yet public, rumours that Ford is working on a 200hp 4
cylinder engine that would go into the anemic Ford Focus and Honda
Civics. The 2006/2007 Hondas would also be built on the Focus
platform, just badged different but basically the same car.

Old February 10th 05, 12:59 PM

No, the guys at Ford I spoke with said that they wanna launch a direct
competition to the Pontiac Vibe. It is hoping to gain more market
share by launching Civics on the Focus platform.

Old February 10th 05, 10:57 PM
Dave

Wasn't the last rumor here that GM wanted to buy Honda. I'm
assuming these are all trolls. First, Honda has always fiercely
maintained their independence. Second, Honda's market
capitalization is bigger than that of both GM and Ford combined
(as of today, $48.2B vs $20.7B and $24.0B respectively). So, if
anything, I would think it would be Honda doing the buying ;-)