what type of oil for spring in 2000 Honda Civic?

Old April 4th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe[_71_]

Default what type of oil for spring in 2000 Honda Civic?

On Apr 3, 7:21 pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Joe > wrote in news:9ad782d5-9a76-4c13-aed6-
> :

> >> "hey, will you wipe my ass for me? i can't be bothered to wipe it
> >> myself. oh, and will you provide the t.p. as well?"

> > Hey look who just woke up at the crack of noon!

> I hope you don't intend to come back here for advice in the future. Your
> attitude is not conducive to attracting the attention of those who can
> help.
>
> As one ages, one learns that there are times when it's best to just let
> things slide, y'know?
>
> --
> Tegger
>
> The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQwww.tegger.com/hondafa

That's some threat Tegger. I hope you know that defending an idiot
like Jim Beam is only going to alienate more people from using this
forum. I'll ask another question here next week and you'll answer it
dutifully like the monkey that you are because you, like Jim Beam,
have nothing better to do with your time. I'll make sure to let you
know that you answered my question too Tegger, since you'll have no
idea it was in fact me, so you can understand what an innocuous threat
you've just cast.
Old April 4th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe[_71_]

On Apr 4, 5:04 am, Tony Harding > wrote:
> Timothy J. Lee wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Joe > wrote:
> >> I did not get a user manual when I bought this car used.

> > A tip for the next time you buy a used car: if the owner's manual
> > is missing, consider it a negative point on the car,

> The car was probably stolen.

I bought the car from a dealer and the Carfax seems to imply the car
was repossessed.
Old April 4th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Joe > wrote in
:

> On Apr 3, 7:21 pm, Tegger > wrote:
>> Joe > wrote in news:9ad782d5-9a76-4c13-aed6-
>> :

>> > Hey look who just woke up at the crack of noon!

>> I hope you don't intend to come back here for advice in the future.
>> Your attitude is not conducive to attracting the attention of those
>> who can help.
>>
>> As one ages, one learns that there are times when it's best to just
>> let things slide, y'know?
>>

> That's some threat Tegger. I hope you know that defending an idiot
> like Jim Beam is only going to alienate more people from using this
> forum.

I'm not defending anybody.

I'm telling you that you're wasting your breath (or keystrokes).

--

www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 4th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth[_2_]

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in message

> "Tegger" > wrote
>>> That's some threat Tegger. I hope you know that defending an idiot
>>> like Jim Beam is only going to alienate more people from using this
>>> forum.

>> I'm not defending anybody.
>>
>> I'm telling you that you're wasting your breath (or keystrokes).

> What the hell happened to you, Tegger?
>
> I *thought* you were a nice guy...looks like I was wrong.

What did Tegger do that wasn't nice other than A) help with the original
question and B) offer some friendly advice?

Old April 4th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in news:47f66c16$0$6520
:

> "Tegger" > wrote
>
>>> That's some threat Tegger. I hope you know that defending an idiot
>>> like Jim Beam is only going to alienate more people from using this
>>> forum.

>> I'm not defending anybody.
>>
>> I'm telling you that you're wasting your breath (or keystrokes).
>>

> What the hell happened to you, Tegger?
>
> I *thought* you were a nice guy...looks like I was wrong.

Let me be phrase this another way: you are making a fool of yourself with
your persistence.

I am happy to try help (as I did). I also did ignore the first few arrows
aimed at jim beam.

I only responded to the arrows after you ignored the sensible advice given
you by Delbert Brecht.

jim beam is jim beam. Insults from you (provoked or not) won't change him,
and will just draw insults back.

My point is that you need to move on; forget this fight. Speaking of
which... I'm gone from this thread. I shouldn't have got involved in this
part of it in the first place.

Old April 4th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote
>
>> Let me be phrase this another way: you are making a fool of yourself
>> with your persistence.

> Well now see..thats all relative to who's reading the threads.
>
> To the dude that simply asked what kind of oil....it looks like a big
> **** sandwich.
>
> ALL ANYONE HAD TO DO WAS SAY 5W30.
>
> THATS IT.
>
> "5W30".
>
> See how simple that **** is...just type 2 letters and two numbers and
> be done with it.
>
> BUT NO !

I'm going to break my own decision here and get involved again just this
once more.

On Monday the 31st, I said this to you:
"Your car uses 5W-30 year-round. Do not use 5W-20 or 10W-30."

Your questions WERE answered.

Old April 5th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"Polfus" <nostringscouldsecureyou@thestation> wrote in
:

> "Tegger" > wrote
>
>>> See how simple that **** is...just type 2 letters and two numbers
>>> and be done with it.
>>>
>>> BUT NO !

>> I'm going to break my own decision here and get involved again just
>> this once more.
>>
>> On Monday the 31st, I said this to you:

> Not to me, because I didn't ask you a thing.
>
> You do realize this, correct?

Apparently not.

There are a number of people who post under different names, those names
dependent on which computer they're posting from. At some point this
fact led my defective eyes/brain to conflate Joe with Polfus.

My confusion originally arose from this post by Joe:
"I'll ask another question here next week and you'll answer it
dutifully like the monkey that you are because you, like Jim Beam,
have nothing better to do with your time. I'll make sure to let you
know that you answered my question too Tegger, since you'll have no
idea it was in fact me..."

I replied to that, and the very next post was from Polfus. I figured Joe
had morphed into Polfus, so I got fooled into thinking Polfus was
actually Joe, nym-shifting in order to entice me into responding.

Evidently I was mistaken.

Plus -- and I should have checked this first -- the traces show that Joe
appears to be in the Boston area, whereas you are somewhere near NYC.
Different people, it seems now.

Look, I don't want to pick fights with anybody. I'm sorry I confused you
two.

Old April 5th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Polfus wrote:

> "Tegger" > wrote
>
>>> See how simple that **** is...just type 2 letters and two numbers and
>>> be done with it.
>>>
>>> BUT NO !

>> I'm going to break my own decision here and get involved again just
>> this once more.
>>
>> On Monday the 31st, I said this to you:

> Not to me, because I didn't ask you a thing.
>
> You do realize this, correct?
>
>> "Your car uses 5W-30 year-round. Do not use 5W-20 or 10W-30."
>>
>> Your questions WERE answered.

> Not before you asked:
> "May I ask...why you are asking these questions?"
>
> And not before you concluded with:
>
> "I hope you don't intend to come back here for advice in the future.
> Your attitude is not conducive to attracting the attention of those who
> can help."
>
> Polfus

you're being very childish. there may be a reason for it, abuse for
instance, but you'll never get treated like an adult if you don't behave
like an adult.

technically, it works like this: when two individuals interact, they go
through the motions of talking. but on a basic level, there's also an
assessment going on of what /type/ of interaction it is. adult to adult
works best. but if one is being child-like, the interaction gets
off-track because the other person [unless they too are child-like] is
likely to be either disinterested or even hostile. [duh]

so now for the bit you don't want to hear: when the "child" acts up and
flings their teddy in the corner, they're going to get slapped down by
pretty much anyone, particularly strangers. the danger is that the
"child" then gets stuck in a negative feedback loop because when they
need something, they're not getting it, and so when they get slapped,
they act up even more, and get slapped harder. anger and frustration
results.

the only way out of this cycle is to step back and try to approach
future interactions as an adult. if someone [you] wants help, they may
not be able to give help right away, but acting like they will when they
have the chance can make up for it. your action so far is to childishly
demand attention, then offer nothing in return.

now, with this knowledge, go back and re-read some of your transactions
on this group. this is not a put-down. what you'll see is that you've
had nothing but trouble getting what you want [and this probably extends
to other real-life transactions you have as well], yet most other people
here seem to have no problem. that causes anger, frustration, and
increasingly bizarre behavior, but unfortunately, this makes the problem
of trying to get a result worse, not better. so much so, that here you
are, months later, still simmering with resentment at previous failures.

move forward with this new information polfus. see if you can transact
as an adult. and, just so you know, when someone asks you how old you
are, they don't /really/ want to know your age, what they're saying is
that you're being childish and that you need to stop because you ain't
getting anywhere.

Old April 7th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tony Harding

Polfus wrote:

> "jim beam" > wrote

> Oh, shut up with your diatribe...you make me sick.
>
> Polfus

Happy puking!
Old April 12th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Timothy J. Lee

In article >,
Joe > wrote:
>On Apr 4, 5:04 am, Tony Harding > wrote:
>> Timothy J. Lee wrote:
>> > In article

>,

>> > A tip for the next time you buy a used car: if the owner's manual
>> > is missing, consider it a negative point on the car,

>> The car was probably stolen.

>I bought the car from a dealer and the Carfax seems to imply the car
>was repossessed.

Someone who couldn't be bothered to make car payments probably couldn't
be bothered to do car maintenance.

Timothy J. Lee