honda civic 2001 coupe

Old April 3rd 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default honda civic 2001 coupe

I had honda civic 2001 coupe for six years and this year i trade in
for 2007 honda civic 2007.
For my old car I did not spend mach. Oil change every 5000 miles or 2
times a year as I drive around 10000 miles /year. Tire replaced at
45000 miles but could go another 5000 easily but I changed them for
falkon 512zx very good tires at Discount tires shop for around $300.
Also I spend $370 to change the front disk break pads and rotors at
the honda dealer. I know it is rip off but had no chice at that time
as I waited more because lack of time and I worn out the rotors so I
had to change them too. Recommend replacement for brek pads is around
30000 and disk rotors around 60000-80000miles depends how you drive.
Oil change and air filter and and antifrize changed on regular bases
myself. The battery lasted 6 years and I sold it with original battery
and I was thinking to change it but a gay said his is 8 years old on
his civic so I did not change it. It does not cost mach anyway. That's
about it. In general if you drive like normal person and keep your
civic I would say you don't need big maintenance up to 110000 miles as
it is said in the manual. Also my old car was outside all the time,
but now my new one is in garage all the time and this is better for
the battery and the car in general. And the new one is really very
good car mach better than old one. When is time I think I will change
the break pads myself It looks easy and save some cash not going to
dealer. Here is link to nice info and photo someone gave me how to
change your break pads if someone needs it.
https://chip.ch.doe.gov/practicity/p...bjectID=425545

Old April 3rd 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
cosza

Hi
Nice info on your part. I am picking up tomorrow a 2007 civic LX 4 door. As
you said this generation is much better than the previous one. Which brings
me to my question, did you get exteneded warranty with the 2007. I am
leaning towards not getting it.
What is you opinion
Thanks in advance

ups.com...