Fit hybrid ?

Old August 13th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
High Tech Misfit

Default Fit hybrid ?

Skippy wrote:

> My Jazz/Fit (1.4DSI Sport) 50MPG right now.

I am going to assume that this is 50 miles per Imperial gallon.

EPA's estimates are in miles per U.S. gallon. Therefore, 50 mpg(Imp) is
about 41 mpg(U.S.), which is still a bit more than EPA estimated.
Old August 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ecarecar

Bucky wrote:

>anyone wrote:
>

>>When might there be a Fit hybrid, I'm starting to druel ...
>>

>You can stop your drooling. Even though there's plenty of rumors about
>a Fit hybrid, consider these numbers: the EPA gas mileage for the Fit
>is only 31/38 city/hwy. That's worse than the Civic, which is 30/40.
>Also, the rumors also say that if Honda implements hybrid for Fit, it
>will be a scaled down hybridization, meaning smaller batteries than
>other hybrids. So I can't see a hybrid Fit getting better than 40-45
>mpg, which is not impressive at all.
>
>BTW, can anyone explain how the Fit gets no better mileage than the
>Civic? I can't.
>
>Fit: 2514 lbs, 1.5L, 109HP, 5-speed auto
>Civic: 2751 lbs, 1.8L, 140HP, 5-speed auto

2751 #s?? Are you sure?

What a pig!
Old August 13th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ecarecar

High Tech Misfit wrote:

>Skippy wrote:
>

>>My Jazz/Fit (1.4DSI Sport) 50MPG right now.
>>

>I am going to assume that this is 50 miles per Imperial gallon.
>
>EPA's estimates are in miles per U.S. gallon. Therefore, 50 mpg(Imp) is
>about 41 mpg(U.S.), which is still a bit more than EPA estimated.

No. It is probably what it says.

I have a 98 Civic HX, and I always get between 50 - 56 mpg - seasonly
dependant.
Of course, I do drive it very gently, and probably just as relevant is
the number
of digital gestures per mile. However, that latter number has gone down
significantly
recently.
Old August 14th 06, 10:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Bucky[_1_]

Skippy wrote:
> My Jazz/Fit (1.4DSI Sport) 50MPG right now.

The U.S. Fit has significant differences than the Jazz. I looked up the
specs for the Jazz 1.4 DSI Sport:

Jazz 1.4 DSI Sport: 2394 lbs (1086kg), 1.34L, 83 HP, CVT-7, combined
mpg = 48

U.S. Fit: 2514 lbs, 1.5L, 109HP, 5-speed auto, mpg = 31/38 (city/hwy)

The Jazz is 120 lbs lighter, a tiny engine, 26 HP less, different
transmission. They're far from identical.

Honda to sell sub $12,000 hybrid in 07 or 08 laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE Driving 25 February 27th 06 02:25 AM
GM to build and sell hybrid cars in Canada ... cheaper! Chris Technology 0 February 26th 06 11:52 AM
Hybrid cars Gordon McGrew Technology 0 February 4th 06 04:29 PM
Dear Valued Hybrid Customer... fclaugus Driving 26 December 2nd 05 10:39 PM
bio-diesel hybrid future Don Stauffer Technology 19 August 31st 05 12:58 AM