MIL eliminators

Old December 2nd 04, 10:34 AM

Default MIL eliminators

First off... let me just say.. I am *not* getting an off-road crossover
pipe. BUT... I do wonder what MIL eliminators are (I almost typed MILF hehe
caught myself though) and how they work. As far as I know, they supposedly
replace O2 sensors?? Would you need MIL eliminators with an H-pipe that only
had 2 hi-flow cats? TIA.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old December 2nd 04, 02:19 PM
cobra boy

Mike,
I didn't have to when i put on my bbk x-pipe with only two cats.
Excobra boy
om...

Old December 2nd 04, 06:45 PM

Ok cool. Thx. Any luck finding a new car yet? Any prospects?

-Mike

Old December 3rd 04, 12:49 AM
2.3Sleeper

MIL eliminators trick the computer. On the newer model cars, the check
engine light will go one when you go to an O/R X or H pipe. The Mil's plug
into the O2 sensor wires, tricking the computer.

Don Manning

> wrote in message
om...
> First off... let me just say.. I am *not* getting an off-road crossover
> pipe. BUT... I do wonder what MIL eliminators are (I almost typed MILF

hehe
> caught myself though) and how they work. As far as I know, they supposedly
> replace O2 sensors?? Would you need MIL eliminators with an H-pipe that

only
> had 2 hi-flow cats? TIA.
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> Cold air intake
> FRPP 3.73 gears
> Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> Full Boar turbo mufflers
> Hi-speed fan switch
> 255/60R-15 rear tires
> Subframe connectors

---

Old December 3rd 04, 01:31 AM

oic... but wouldn't that affect gas mileage & how the car performs? since it
isn't an accurate reading?

-Mike

Old December 3rd 04, 01:48 AM
Deputy Dog

They trick the puter into thinking all is hunky dory so you do get optimum
preformance.

dave

om...

Old December 3rd 04, 01:48 AM

Ah... thx.

-Mike

Old December 3rd 04, 03:09 AM
WraithCobra

They are only used on the after-cat O2's which are used to track converter
efficiency for OBDII compliance. They are not used on the front 2 sensors
which the computer uses to verify a/f ratio.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

http://www.grisoft.com).

Old December 3rd 04, 03:53 AM

So if you have an O/R H-pipe... it has fittings for the 2 front O2 sensors?

-Mike

Old December 3rd 04, 04:09 AM
WraithCobra

It should.