Need fenderwell plug LH sedan

Old November 23rd 04, 02:54 AM
Nick B

Default Need fenderwell plug LH sedan

I am missing BOTH oval shaped front fenderwell plugs on my 2000 Concorde.
See : http://www.berrysweb.com/FenderwellHole.jpg
You cannot buy just the plug at the dealer, you have to buy the entire
fenderwell ($58 ea. list).
Does anyone know of a viable alternative. I have Google searched for "hole
plugs" and "rubber caps" but nothing even close comes up.

Thanks,
Nick B.

Old November 23rd 04, 06:12 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Nick B" > wrote in message
> I am missing BOTH oval shaped front fenderwell plugs on my 2000 Concorde.
> See : http://www.berrysweb.com/FenderwellHole.jpg
> You cannot buy just the plug at the dealer, you have to buy the entire
> fenderwell ($58 ea. list).
> Does anyone know of a viable alternative. I have Google searched for "hole
> plugs" and "rubber caps" but nothing even close comes up.

Duct tape?

Ted

Old November 23rd 04, 06:12 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old November 23rd 04, 06:49 AM
Hank

Check ACE Hardware.....

Old November 23rd 04, 06:49 AM
Hank

Check ACE Hardware.....

Old November 23rd 04, 11:03 AM
Bill Putney

Hank wrote:
> Check ACE Hardware.....
>

>>Does anyone know of a viable alternative. I have Google searched for "hole
>>plugs" and "rubber caps" but nothing even close comes up.

This is not a simple round plug - custom part - a loacl junk yard item
if there ever was one.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 23rd 04, 11:03 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 23rd 04, 11:12 AM
Bill Putney

Nick B wrote:

> I am missing BOTH oval shaped front fenderwell plugs on my 2000 Concorde.
> See : http://www.berrysweb.com/FenderwellHole.jpg
> You cannot buy just the plug at the dealer, you have to buy the entire
> fenderwell ($58 ea. list).
> Does anyone know of a viable alternative. I have Google searched for "hole
> plugs" and "rubber caps" but nothing even close comes up.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick B.

The obvious answer is a local junk yard that lets you pull your own
parts. They probably would give them to you especially if you get
something else that you pay for at the same time, or they may charge you
$5 or $10 (that might seem high, but actually it's a bargain in your
situation, so look at it as a win-win - but you're likley to get out of
there for $0 or $5). Pull them off and go to the counter - otherwise,
if you ask ahead of time, dependng on who you get and the mood he/she is
in that day and whether they like your face and attitude, they are
liable to tell you they can't sell them separately, but if they already
see you have them in your hand, they probably will wave you on thru.

I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect that the part is the same on any 2nd
gen LH car (300M, Intrepid, LHS, Concorde) - I know they all have them
for accessing headlight removal screws, question is whether they are the
same exact shape (probably are).

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 23rd 04, 11:12 AM
Bill Putney

Old November 23rd 04, 05:02 PM
Art

Grocery store parking lot? Just kidding. Junk yard won't get you arrested.