Back up alarm

Old April 25th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Back up alarm

I have a 2006 VUE and would like to have a back up alarm installed.
Saturn does not do it. Any suggestions?

Old April 25th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Something like this would be easiest. It is a bulb with an alarm built in -
you just plug it in in place of your existing backup bulbs:

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p239134...ver?sourceid=3
http://www.autoworldaccessories.com/...tegory_id=1020

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com

Old April 26th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 17:25:19 -0500, "Lane"
> wrote:

>Something like this would be easiest. It is a bulb with an alarm built in -
>you just plug it in in place of your existing backup bulbs:

Yes this can work but there is no big science to installing one.
Simple mount it where you want it, attach one wire to ground and and
splice the other into the backup light circuit and you are all set.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 26th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:44:46 -0400, (R B S) wrote:

>I have a 2006 VUE and would like to have a back up alarm installed.
>Saturn does not do it. Any suggestions?

They have backup alarms built into after market bulbs.

hth:
http://www.urlbee.com?2720

tom
Old April 26th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Please don't do it. Those things are annoying as hell. It's your
responsibility to know what's behind you. Don't make it someone else's.

--
Steve Barker

Old April 26th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 01:15:15 GMT, "Steve Barker LT"
> wrote:

>Please don't do it. Those things are annoying as hell. It's your
>responsibility to know what's behind you. Don't make it someone else's.

What is annoying about it? I think it is not a bad idea because not
everyone look for pedestrians in a parking lot.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 27th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:44:34 GMT, SnoMan > wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 01:15:15 GMT, "Steve Barker LT"
> wrote:
>
>>Please don't do it. Those things are annoying as hell. It's your
>>responsibility to know what's behind you. Don't make it someone else's.

>What is annoying about it? I think it is not a bad idea because not
>everyone look for pedestrians in a parking lot.
>The SnoMan
>www.thesnoman.com

Giving a warning is not the other persons responsibility.I had a
license plate frame with a built in beeper,ws dorky at first,but it
saved me from craning my head all over.Dad asked if I got a insurance
discount on it!.