FIA/Michelin/FOCA addresses

Old June 22nd 05, 10:09 PM
Dave Henrie

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in

>> That and the fact he walked away from the SAFER barrier wall, means
>> this
>> is a non-issue.
>>
>> dave henrie

> Ok, so we can downgrade the charge from murder to attempted
> murder?

No...attempted bruising.

Ya gotta wonder about Ralfie...Al Unser Jr got punted up into a non Safer-
Barrier corner by Emerson Fittipaldi and walked down the track to applaud
Emmo while the race was still in progress. Schumi Jr gets greeted by a
thick stryofoam cushion and runs home to the chiropractor.

dh

Old June 22nd 05, 11:12 PM
Dave Erb

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> rent On Any Sunday (circa 1973 74) sometime if you havent seen it, or dont
> know who Kenny Roberts is.
>
> more about a legend...
>
> About 30 years ago, (motorcycle raicing) Yamaha was seeking to break
> Harley's winning way on American dirt tracks, so they took the GP 500cc 2
> stroke road race engine and put it in Kenny Roberts' flat tracker. Go
> here
> for a good article on the history of that freaky bike and King Kenny's
> experiences with it:
> http://www.superbikeplanet.com/dontpaymeenuff.htm

(Pedant mode on) It was actually the TZ750 AMA roadracer engine cobbled into
a dirttrack frame and Roberts' comment after using it at the Milwaukee mile
(IIRC) was something like " They don't pay me enough money to ride that
thing". I think he was happy that the AMA quickly moved to ban the bike.
Roberts may have had balls of steel but he always had a finely honed
instinct for where the edge really was. (Pedant mode off)

100% agreement on renting On Any Sunday. Classic stuff from one of the
golden years of bikes

Dave

Old June 23rd 05, 12:47 PM
Micheal Smith

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> Food for thought... like this never happened before...
>
> .....(mindless rant)

Wow, you're so big & brave. I wish all racers were as big & brave as you.

Mike

Old June 23rd 05, 05:21 PM
Plowboy

Mike, you post as if I said "IM KENNY ROBERTS, AND YOU ARE A P#SSY"
somewhere in that post?

Should have I guess, but I would be lying about who I am. I was talking to
a person, who brought this up to me, I thought it was great comparison of
then and now.. flame me you ****tard, because you can not say Kenny didnt
risk his life on not only an unproven tire, but a tire that didnt even
****ing exist... but No, I was wrong... not relavant to this, I guess
because it was motorcycles in the 70's you know they were so much more safer
back then, right?

Nobody risked anything before current F1 racers & teams came along? It is
racing, for cryin out loud... Nobody wants to die, but "racers" by shear
definition, are people that are not scared to push things to the limit.
Nothing ventured nothing gained, and I posted an example of where someone
had the guts to race. you think it was mindless huh? good one.

Micheal Smith enlightened us with:

Old June 23rd 05, 05:31 PM
whooo

Dave Henrie wrote:
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in
>

>>> That and the fact he walked away from the SAFER barrier wall, means
>>> this
>>>is a non-issue.
>>>
>>>dave henrie

>> Ok, so we can downgrade the charge from murder to attempted
>> murder?
>>

> No...attempted bruising.
>
> Ya gotta wonder about Ralfie...Al Unser Jr got punted up into a non Safer-
> Barrier corner by Emerson Fittipaldi and walked down the track to applaud
> Emmo while the race was still in progress. Schumi Jr gets greeted by a
> thick stryofoam cushion and runs home to the chiropractor.
>
> dh

Actually, he wanted to race but the teams medical advisers said no.
Old June 23rd 05, 06:54 PM
Dave Henrie

whooo > wrote in news:1uBue.1132$z61.218@newsfe2-
gui.ntli.net:

> Actually, he wanted to race but the teams medical advisers said no.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. All I heard was he would not race
because of the crash at the same corner as last year.
dave(yeah, I'm wrong wonce in a whyle)henrie
Old June 23rd 05, 09:03 PM
mcewena

> > Actually, he wanted to race but the teams medical advisers said no.
>
> Ok, thanks for the clarification. All I heard was he would not race
> because of the crash at the same corner as last year.

No he wanted to race but after the bang on the head he kept trying to
get into a Williams...

Old June 23rd 05, 10:08 PM
Byron Forbes

"Plowboy" > wrote in message

> **** NO! He took his dry tire, cut grooves in the bitches by hand before
> the race, wen out there on his 1st ever rain race... He whooped thier
> asses... the SOB's in france or england refused to pay him his
> winnings... ,

Ummm, things have changed a little since - insurance, law,
rules...........................................no t an option to
teams/drivers

Old June 24th 05, 01:04 PM
alex martini

nothing has changed - except for the mass of the testes of drivers. F1
drivers are a disgrace to their heritage - can you imaging one of these
girlie-men in a Lotus in 67 at Spa? Well no, neither could I because NOT one
of the guys on the present grid would even dare - I remember Coulthard
trying one of 1930 AUs and saying how terrified he was ... no kidding.

COWARDS the lot of em. And why the hell are they paid millions anyway? For
their skill? How much skill does one Mr. Albers posess I wonder ...

Old June 24th 05, 01:53 PM
Micheal Smith

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> Mike, you post as if I said "IM KENNY ROBERTS, AND YOU ARE A P#SSY"
> somewhere in that post?

You said that, not me. Don't read things into posts that are not really
there.

****tard? Well done. Your command of english is exemplary.

> because you can not say Kenny didnt
> risk his life on not only an unproven tire, but a tire that didnt even
> ****ing exist... but No, I was wrong... not relavant to this, I guess
> because it was motorcycles in the 70's you know they were so much more

safer
> back then, right?
>
> Nobody risked anything before current F1 racers & teams came along? It is
> racing, for cryin out loud... Nobody wants to die, but "racers" by shear
> definition, are people that are not scared to push things to the limit.
> Nothing ventured nothing gained, and I posted an example of where someone
> had the guts to race. you think it was mindless huh? good one.

About the only thing mindless in this post is your diatribe.

Mike