2012 Wrangler transmission problem

Old September 15th 12, 08:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default 2012 Wrangler transmission problem

Hey folks. Ii have a problem with my brand new 4 door wrangler transmission.. Intermittantly, it feels like the transmission is dragging. It won'tt coast when you let off the gas pedal, and at times it feels like i'm riding with my foot on the brake, even though I'm not. The first couple times I brought it back to the dealer, they claimed it was normal, but the thing starts to drag really bad when it gets real hot, like somebody threw an anchor out the back. There are no codes showing, and finally they gave me a black box to record everytime it does it, and sent the results to Chrysler. Still waiting for the results. One, and only one rep told me its a known issue called fish bite that they're trying to figure out. Anybody out there hear of anything like this? It sure seems like I'm getting the runaround, with them hoping I'll eventually go away, which I won!t.
Thanks
Bill Roach
Old September 15th 12, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

they aren't hoping it will go away, but they cant seem to reproduce the
problem. make sure you drive it until it fails with that box plugged in.
that way it can record what's going on. it records real time and freeze
frame data about engine RPMs, trans RPMs, gear the trans was in at the time
of failure, what solenoids were engaged, etc.

the more info they can get, the better.

Also what happens when you manually shift it?