A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Chrysler
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hot idle speed oscillating

Old June 2nd 12, 06:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Guv Bob[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Hot idle speed oscillating

My 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse (DSM 1G 2L non-turbo) is starts and idles cold fine, and runs fine warmed up. When warm and I put it in neutral (AT) the idle oscillates between 1800 and 2200 with about 1/2 second cycle time.

MAS was the first guess -- so I put a rebuilt mass airflow sensor assy in and same problem. Checked all the connections and vacuum - all OK.

Also took the throttle assy apart and cleaned all - helped the running but still oscillating. Cleaned Idle air motor, checked voltages and resistance for all sensors and also voltages coming from the computer, and all OK.

About out of ideas -- anyone have some thoughts on how to start troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Ads