arca racing and nr2003 comparison

Old April 9th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default arca racing and nr2003 comparison

> I was in a California race once and on the last lap some ass passed like 7 cars in turn 4 on the outside doing like
> 210mph and won the race.

That would be a hack or a trainer, not a setup cheat. No PC based game is
"trainer proof", depending on the level of motivation of the trainer
makers.

Old April 13th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rat River Cemetary

jason moyer wrote:

> So basically whenever iRacing comes out?

No, that is not a Nascar sim. It also has a subscription fee so is a non
contender for me.
Old April 14th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Apr 12, 9:28*pm, Rat River Cemetary > wrote:

> No, that is not a Nascar sim. It also has a subscription fee so is a non
> contender for me.

There is no NASCAR sim, and I suspect there won't be one for a few
years unless EA lets their exlusive licenselapse.

I was responding to Larry's suggestion that we won't have a good oval
sim until someone makes one that doesn't use the ISI engine, and I was
simply trying to point out that several of the gentlemen who made the
best oval-based stockcar sims ever have a new one coming out that
features ovals and stock cars.
Old April 15th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rat River Cemetary

jason moyer wrote:

> I was responding to Larry's suggestion that we won't have a good oval
> sim until someone makes one that doesn't use the ISI engine, and I was
> simply trying to point out that several of the gentlemen who made the
> best oval-based stockcar sims ever have a new one coming out that
> features ovals and stock cars.

Well, I like ISI based sims quite a bit more than GPL (feeling like you
are driving on ice is not realistic, I repeat, not realisitc). Never
cared much for Papy Nascar sims either as I don't like oval racing much.
I did like their Indycar sims though and it is a shame they were forced
to make just Nascar sims by Sierra.
Old April 15th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

IMHO, ISI INVENTED the driving-on-ice feeling.

-Larry

Old April 16th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Apr 14, 10:53*pm, Rat River Cemetary > wrote:

> Well, I like ISI based sims quite a bit more than GPL (feeling like you
> are driving on ice is not realistic, I repeat, not realisitc).

Have you tried the 65/66/69 mods for GPL? It's obviously 10 year old
tech, but physics-wise the engine feels significantly better when
you're not driving on wooden tires.
Old April 21st 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jason moyer[_2_]

On Apr 15, 4:35*pm, "Larry" > wrote:
> IMHO, ISI INVENTED the driving-on-ice feeling.
>
> -Larry

Larry, can you drop me an email?

"Hey Pat Dotson, Can I Try Yer Setup?" - ARCA Sim Racing [email protected] Simulators 35 April 23rd 08 02:26 PM
ARCA Sim Racing [email protected] Simulators 6 March 20th 08 12:48 PM
Arca Sim Racing Don Schwartz Jr Simulators 2 January 2nd 08 01:58 PM
NR2003 Nascar Racing Mr T Simulators 9 September 8th 07 02:42 PM
UltraForce Simulators Announces GS-3 Support for Sim Factory's ARCA/Remax Series Racing Simulator [email protected] Simulators 8 July 5th 07 01:53 PM