ARCA & LeoFFB

Old March 13th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default ARCA & LeoFFB

I'm going to try and answer several questions posed in the other ARCA
thread;

1) The LeoFFB rfactor plugin, created by Leo Bodnar, is available at
rFactor Central. I believe it's in the 'add-ons' section.

2) The plugin is easy to use and install. Just copy the .DLL file
into the /plugins directory located in the main directory of your ARCA
installation. The first time you run ARCA the .DLL will create a .INI
file that has parameters you can edit. Refer to the LeoFFB
documentation to learn about that.

Generally speaking, I think the way this plugin works is that Leo has
used a standard 'self aligning torque' curve that is typical for
tires. FFB effects are calculated using this curve in reference to
some in-game parameters, probably wheel load and slip angle or
something similar. The .INI file lets you enter some vehicle-specific
parameters like track width.

LeoFFB is 1000% better than stock rfactor/ARCA FFB. It's better than
RealFeel to in that you don't get a lot of the spikes and low speed
wierdness. I find nothing to complain about in the way it feels.

Pat Dotson
UltraForce Simulations LLC
http://www.ultraforcesim.com

Old March 14th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 8:07*am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:

> BTW, does LeoFFB support different settings for different mods you run
> like RealFeel does?

No, but I haven't found that to be a problem.

I think it's because the FFB in LeoFFB is sort disconnected from the
front end geometry of the car. Ordinarily I'd say this is a bad
thing, but not in the case of most rFactor mods. Most mods I've
tried, and even the original cars from ISI, have terrible front end
geometry. The calculated steering column torque resulting from the
flawed front end geometry will never feel right.

Even though LeoFFB isn't directly based on vehicle front end geometry
it feels incredibly right. As mentioned in other threads it can be
difficult to catch slides if FFB and steering settings aren't just
right. I'm still amazed at the amount of control I have over slides
using my current setup. When the car slides and I steer into the turn
I can precisely feel when the front tires are pointed in the direction
of the slide.

Pat Dotson
Old March 14th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darryl

On Mar 14, 8:32 am, wrote:
> On Mar 14, 8:07 am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:
>

> > BTW, does LeoFFB support different settings for different mods you run
> > like RealFeel does?

> No, but I haven't found that to be a problem.
>
> I think it's because the FFB in LeoFFB is sort disconnected from the
> front end geometry of the car. Ordinarily I'd say this is a bad
> thing, but not in the case of most rFactor mods. Most mods I've
> tried, and even the original cars from ISI, have terrible front end
> geometry. The calculated steering column torque resulting from the
> flawed front end geometry will never feel right.
>
> Even though LeoFFB isn't directly based on vehicle front end geometry
> it feels incredibly right. As mentioned in other threads it can be
> difficult to catch slides if FFB and steering settings aren't just
> right. I'm still amazed at the amount of control I have over slides
> using my current setup. When the car slides and I steer into the turn
> I can precisely feel when the front tires are pointed in the direction
> of the slide.
>
> Pat Dotson

Just curious: what does one do about RealFeel if you've already
installed it?
Does one simply "turn it off", or do you have to actually remove files
to get
the game to use the LeoFFB instead of realFeel?

Thanks,
--
Darryl
Old March 14th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 10:55*am, Darryl > wrote:

> Just curious: what does one do about RealFeel if you've already installed it?
> Does one simply "turn it off", or do you have to actually remove files to get
> the game to use the LeoFFB instead of realFeel?

When I'm messing around with plugin .DLL's, I usually just change the
file extension from .dll to something like .dll.disabled. If the
plugin doesn't have a .DLL extension then rFactor/ARCA won't load it.

So just rename the RealFeel plugin with a new extension and you can
try LeoFFB. It will only take a few seconds to change back to
RealFeel if you aren't happy.

Old March 14th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Leo does help. Quite a bit in the corners.

-Larry

Old March 14th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 3:56*pm, "Larry" > wrote:
> Leo does help. *Quite a bit in the corners.
>
> -Larry

Glad to hear it. I'll post my .PLR FFB settings when I get a chance
which will make it feel even better.

Pat Dotson
Old March 17th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

having a hell of a time finding this leoffb. link anyone?

Old March 17th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

Alright, search using Leo's FFB plugin 1.00...
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...20FFB%20plugin

Old March 17th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

That's an old one. There's a V2.0 out there.

I googled for it and downloaded it from a site. I don't do rFactorCentral.
I hate that site.

-Larry

Old March 17th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I'd upload to the binaries site but I can't remember what it is.

-Larry

ARCA Sim anyone -Charlie Simulators 8 March 13th 08 09:15 PM
ARCA [email protected] Simulators 2 March 4th 08 11:01 PM
Arca Sim Racing Don Schwartz Jr Simulators 2 January 2nd 08 01:58 PM
Arca Sim ?? sparadise Simulators 3 June 24th 07 08:40 PM