LWFF Pedals with MOMO Racing FF Wheel?

Old December 16th 04, 03:55 AM
B Johnson

Default LWFF Pedals with MOMO Racing FF Wheel?

My LWFF wheel finally died after years of dependable use (cable broke). I
ordered a MOMO Racing wheel to replace it but I'm worried about the pedal
problems. Can I use the LWFF pedals with the MOMO wheel? The MOMO wheel
isn't here yet so I haven't looked at the connections.

Brian

Old December 16th 04, 01:26 PM
Steve Smith

"Ordered"? Somebody is still selling new Momo Racing wheels? If so, tell
me who & where; I'd buy a spare in a heartbeat.

No, you can't use LWFF pedals w. the Momo Racing (or Force) wheels AFAIK
(different electonics). However, you can get a set of TSW pedals to work w.
a Momo Racing wheel; a much better deal. You can either hardwire them (TSW
will do the job for abt. $60 or you can do it yerself) or, under XP, simply
connect them as a second controller device and put the Logi wheels, still
connected, somewhere out of the way.

Old December 20th 04, 12:46 PM
Malc

"Steve Smith" > wrote in message

> I thought the prob was that WinME and earlier won't recognize more than

one
> controller at a time. Or is that only the legacy gameport? Will USB

under
> SE/ME recognize 2 sep. controllers at the same time?

You can run multiple controllers with gameports with certain restrictions,
and any OS that supports USB (ie later than Win95) will support multiple
controllers, as many as you have ports for.

The only restriction is in the game or sim. By default IIRC gpl recognises
the first & last controller, with gplshift it will support up to 16 axis on
any number of controllers.

So if the title the OP wants to race with only supports one controller they
will need to rewire the controllers so they appear as one. If the title
supports multiple controllers just put one wheel & one set of pedals to one
side (still plugged in though) and use the preferred combination.

Malc.