Replacing lifters in 265 hemi - as easy as it seems?

Old January 26th 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,aus.cars,alt.hi-po.mopars

Default Replacing lifters in 265 hemi - as easy as it seems?

wrote:
> Bill Putney wrote:
>
>>I agree about the three prong pickup tool - we called them
>>"fart-grabbers" in the Navy. And grandkids love them - great for
>>hitting the cat and for fishing for coins in a 5-gallon water cooler bottle.
>>
>>Bill Putney
>>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>address with the letter 'x')

> hitting the cat? where did your kids picked up such cruel habits?

Oh NO! Please don't tell PITA!! LOL!

We're talking playing with the cat where the cat grabs it, etc. Geesh.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old February 21st 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,aus.cars,alt.hi-po.mopars

I always found that a tool like this

hhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydraulic-Valve-Lifter-Removal-Tool-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43996QQitemZ4613621 956QQrdZ1ave

is the easiest way as long as there is room to pull them up through the
head.

Old February 22nd 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,aus.cars,alt.hi-po.mopars

"Polara" > wrote in message
> I always found that a tool like this

hhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydraulic-Valve-Lifter-Removal-Tool-NEW_W0QQ
cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43996QQitemZ4613621956QQrdZ 1ave

> is the easiest way as long as there is room to pull them up through the
> head.

Most head castings only have a small hole for the pushrods. The extractor
tool will work provided the lifters are'nt varnished in at the bottom.

Jason

Old February 22nd 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler,aus.cars,alt.hi-po.mopars

Jason James wrote:

> "Polara" > wrote in message
>
>>I always found that a tool like this
>>

> hhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydraulic-Valve-Lifter-Removal-Tool-NEW_W0QQ
> cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43996QQitemZ4613621956QQrdZ 1ave
>

>>is the easiest way as long as there is room to pull them up through the
>>head.

> Most head castings only have a small hole for the pushrods.

Most *CHEVROLET* heads have a small hole for the pushrods. Big-block
Chrysler head castings have a large opening for each pair of pushrods,
and the lifters come out with a ton of room to spare.

I've never had the valve cover off an Aussie 265 Hemi 6, so I can't
speak directly to that one.

> The extractor
> tool will work provided the lifters are'nt varnished in at the bottom.

It would take an awful lot of varnish to be so thick that you couldn't
work the lifters out with a bit of up-and-down yanking on the extractor
tool.

easy money in 30 days trip Jeep 0 March 11th 05 03:45 AM
easy money in 30 days trip Ford Mustang 0 March 11th 05 03:37 AM
Replacing Cd Changer in 2000 JGC -- Easy ?? cdaigle430 Jeep 0 December 10th 04 06:17 PM
99 Caravan brake grinding noise even after replacing pads/disks jogret Dodge 4 October 7th 04 07:49 AM