CEL

Old September 19th 05, 01:54 AM
jd

Default CEL

Went to Autozone to have the CEL read, keep getting a link error. My horn
fuse is blown could this have anything to do with it? 1998 SL1, 71000 miles.

Also the horn need to be replaced, does anyone know if the new one comes
with the relay on it and if there is one available off the net?

Thanks

Old September 19th 05, 12:57 PM
marx404

Call me dumb, but whats a CEL? Do you mean PCM?
Shouldnt have anything to do with horn fuse. Saturn uses a standard FIAMM
horn. You can get one at any parts store cheaper, SL bolts on the front w/
only one bolt and clip, very simple. I replaced the wimpy OEM with a FIAMM
highway blaster, heh heh, really wakes up innatentive drivers.

marx404

Old September 19th 05, 02:26 PM
Bob Shuman

Not my post, but usually abbreviated for Check Engine Light. Also called
the Service Engine Soon, or Service Engine Light too.

I agree the horn will not set a CEL code. They need to have the computer
scanned and determine the error code. Autozone does this for free.

Bob

Old September 19th 05, 02:56 PM
jd

"Bob Shuman" > wrote in message
> Not my post, but usually abbreviated for Check Engine Light. Also called
> the Service Engine Soon, or Service Engine Light too.
>
> I agree the horn will not set a CEL code. They need to have the computer
> scanned and determine the error code. Autozone does this for free.
>
> Bob
>
> "marx404" > wrote in message
>> Call me dumb, but whats a CEL? Do you mean PCM?

Yea the Autozone scanner keeps coming back with a link error.
The OEM horn do they have the relay included?
Thanks for the replys

Old September 20th 05, 02:40 AM
Kevin M. Keller

"jd" > typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

> Yea the Autozone scanner keeps coming back with a link error.
> The OEM horn do they have the relay included?

Depends on the year. '91-'95 the relay is in the underhood fuse box. '96+
it's built into the horn.

--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com
Old September 20th 05, 01:34 PM
jd

"Kevin M. Keller" > wrote in message
> "jd" > typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:
>

>> Yea the Autozone scanner keeps coming back with a link error.
>> The OEM horn do they have the relay included?

> Depends on the year. '91-'95 the relay is in the underhood fuse box.
> '96+
> it's built into the horn.
>

> --
> Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com

Well I got a Saturn geniune horn, so I'm good there. Now to figure out that
pesky link error