MFFY or MIFY?

Old September 3rd 06, 10:55 PM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Default MFFY or MIFY?

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> In SoCal, the bike lane often doubles as a right-turn lane, improving
> traffic flow even in areas where there is no space for a dedicated
> right turn pocket. Most people are considerate and will leave room on
> the right for other cars to make their turns. Occasionally, however,
> you'll run into people like this guy:
>
> http://i4.tinypic.com/281c5fn.jpg
>
> This Camry driver stopped too far over to the right to permit other
> vehicles to squeeze by on the right and make a right turn on red. Some
> of them do it on purpose, which is pure passive-aggressive MFFYness.
> After all, if they have to wait for a red light, why shouldn't you?
> But what if they aren't doing it on purpose, and are instead merely
> inconsiderate? I guess this calls for a new acronym: MIFY (My
> Inconsideration ****s You).

Poor, poor, Scott, You had to wait what, maybe a grand total of 60
seconds before you could make your right turn?

There could have been a number of reasons why that driver didn't bring
his car to a perfect stop like you wanted. Maybe there is a piece of
debris in the lane that you can't see from this point? Or are you
telling me that you have never had your car drift some when driving....

--
F ools &
B umbling
Old September 4th 06, 12:03 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>>Or are you
>>telling me that you have never had your car drift some when driving....

> Even gpstroll admits I'm in better control of my car than that.

Drift is the wrong way to say it, tire pull is. Of course I doubt you
(scott) has to drive on the kind of surfaces I do. I would say with
certainity that the tires on that vette would stick to some of the bad
pavement I drive on and pull in odd directions at times.

I have come to intersections where the pavement is dished out or
otherwise a mess thanks to heavy trucks and had my tires pull the car a
few inches to a few feet in one direction or another preventing a
perfectly aligned stop.

Old September 5th 06, 02:22 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

said in rec.autos.driving:
> >Poor, poor, Scott, You had to wait what, maybe a grand total of 60
> >seconds before you could make your right turn?

> May 1,000 MIFY drivers make you wait needlessly for "only" 60 seconds
> each.

OK, that was my first 6 weeks with an unrestricted DL. Next.

> >There could have been a number of reasons why that driver didn't bring
> >his car to a perfect stop like you wanted.

> Funny, every other car in line was somehow able to manage it. I guess
> that's because they aren't thoughtless assholes.

And you are going to tell me that *you* have never been a "thoughtless
asshole," at one time or another. Hell, I was one this evening when some
SUV'er wanted to turn off of 341 SB onto 17 SB. He was in the
acceleration lane and I was in the right lane. I could have moved over
and let him, but I just didn't feel like it and maintained course - as a
sop to "being nice," I did speed up a little, but not much. I figured
"why bother?" because there was plenty of room behind me.

> >Maybe there is a piece of
> >debris in the lane that you can't see from this point?

> When the light turned greem none of the other cars swerved to avoid
> any debris.

Maybe the others chose to drive over it (or couldn't see it) where this
guy didn't.

> >Or are you
> >telling me that you have never had your car drift some when driving....

> Even gpstroll admits I'm in better control of my car than that.

So I guess that SoCal has 100% perfectly aligned and graded roads with
no potholes, ruts, sinkholes etc.... Must be nice to drive in Utopia.
BTW, how quick are they to repair the damage to the road when the police
chase dujour leaves grooves in the road from some wheel that fell victim
to the spike strips?

--
C orrupt
I mbeciles
Old September 5th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

said in rec.autos.driving:
> necromancer > said in rec.autos.driving:

> >And you are going to tell me that *you* have never been a "thoughtless
> >asshole," at one time or another.

> Quick, class: which logical fallacy is necro attempting to perpetrate
> here?

What fallacy? That was supposed to be a question: "And you are going to
tell me that *you* have never been a 'thoughtless asshole,' at one time
or another?" My bad on the improper use of punctuation; or to make it
more CA-esque for ya, "żAnd you are going to tell me that *you* have
never been a 'thoughtless asshole,' at one time or another?"

> >Hell, I was one this evening when some
> >SUV'er wanted to turn off of 341 SB onto 17 SB. He was in the
> >acceleration lane and I was in the right lane. I could have moved over
> >and let him, but I just didn't feel like it and maintained course - as a
> >sop to "being nice," I did speed up a little, but not much. I figured
> >"why bother?" because there was plenty of room behind me.

> How is that being a "thoughtless asshole?" It's not like you tried to
> block his merge or anything...

You know nothing of the E. Coast (especially the South), do ya... Around
here, its by and large expected for you to JLEDI. So by some people's
definition, Yes, I am a "thoughtless asshole."

BTW, I'm damn proud of it too.

> >Maybe the others chose to drive over it (or couldn't see it) where this
> >guy didn't.

> Do your muscles hurt after all that stretching?

Stretching is good for the muscles. Didn't you ever take gym class?

> >So I guess that SoCal has 100% perfectly aligned and graded roads with
> >no potholes, ruts, sinkholes etc.... Must be nice to drive in Utopia.

> Remember, we have no freeze/thaw pothole creation engine here, so yes,
> our roads are largely free of potholes - at least compared to places
> like Chicago. That, coupled with speed limits that range from 50 MPH
> to 65 MPH on well-designed surface streets, makes this area as close
> to a Driving Utopia as it gets. The only thing that ****s it up are
> the MFFYs, the MIFYs, and the IFs.

How about those mudslides?

--
C orrupt
O rganization
Old September 6th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

necromancer wrote:

> You know nothing of the E. Coast (especially the South), do ya... Around
> here, its by and large expected for you to JLEDI.

I don't live that far north of you, and I certainly am not a JLEDI nor
do I believe that other drivers expect me to be a JLEDI.