American Car Makes

Old June 16th 05, 06:31 AM
Dave Lister

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
:

> "Dave Lister" > wrote in message
> . 6...
>> "Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> "Dave Lister" > wrote in message
>>> . 6...

>>> So your whole argument seems to be shouting " Nazi!"
>>> at anyone who dares to diagree?
>>>
>>> Whoo-hoo you sure are a good debater.
>>>
>>> maybe even the Master
>>>

>>> Yup, you are a master-debater for sure.

>> Learn to read, pinhead.
>>

> What did I miss?

You missed the neo-Nazi refer to "subhumans", pinhead.

> You post crap, someone posts a
> reply that disagrees, you resort to name calling, using "nazi"
> and "moron". Not exactly the most compelling arguments I have
> seen. I assume that you have very limited experience with
> the free exchange of ideas, like a ten year old.

Don't project your inadequecies on others, pinhead. If you can't stand
the heat....

--
Republican Health Plan: Don't Get Sick

Guantanamo: The Gulag of Our Time

Old June 16th 05, 06:34 AM
Bernard Farquart

"Dave Lister" > wrote in message
. 6...
> "Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
> :
>

>> You post crap, someone posts a
>> reply that disagrees, you resort to name calling, using "nazi"
>> and "moron". Not exactly the most compelling arguments I have
>> seen. I assume that you have very limited experience with
>> the free exchange of ideas, like a ten year old.

> Don't project your inadequecies on others, pinhead. If you can't stand
> the heat....

Well, this is fun, but I have to get up and go
to my "job" like your mammy and daddy do. So
I leave you to it tonight.

Old June 16th 05, 06:41 AM
Dave Lister

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
news

> "Dave Lister" > wrote in message
> . 6...
>> "Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> You post crap, someone posts a
>>> reply that disagrees, you resort to name calling, using "nazi"
>>> and "moron". Not exactly the most compelling arguments I have
>>> seen. I assume that you have very limited experience with
>>> the free exchange of ideas, like a ten year old.

>> Don't project your inadequecies on others, pinhead. If you can't stand
>> the heat....
>>

> Well, this is fun, but I have to get up and go
> to my "job" like your mammy and daddy do. So
> I leave you to it tonight.

Some of us are bright enough to have jobs in the daytime, pinhead, that
don't involve a trash truck like yours does.

Old June 16th 05, 04:32 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article > ,
Dave Lister > wrote:
(Matthew Russotto) wrote in
:

>> In article > ,
>> Dave Lister > wrote:
>>>
>>>Yawn. Is that the best you can do loon, "the commies are coming!"?
>>>
>>>What part of "imprisonment without trial" is eluding your large ego and
>>>tiny mind?

>> Imprisonment without trial is customary practice in war. In fact,
>> trials of prisoners of war are typically (but not always) against
>> various international conventions.
>>
>> The Bush administration is doing plenty wrong w.r.t the Guantanemo
>> prisoners, but holding them without trial isn't precisely one of them.

>We aren't at war with them, or did that elude you?

They were, or at least a large number of them were, captured on the
battlefield in Afghanistan.

>If they aren't POWs,
>which is what Bush claims, then they should get a trial or get let go.

A trial for what?
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old June 16th 05, 04:43 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Billzz wrote:

> >> I have a question. Why spend the dollars and human resources
> >> detaining these people if there wasn't good reason to? There would
> >> be no point at all in doing so, would there?

> > James, that is an *excellent* impression you do of Dick "We promise we
> > only keep bad guys there" Cheney.

> What does all this have to do with American Car Makes?

Stop clouding the issue!
Old June 16th 05, 06:11 PM
C. E. White

DTJ wrote:

> >When the odometer hits 210, 000 somewhere on the return trip, can I
> >officially promote it from "mediocre" to "marvelously mediocre"? It
> >gets me wherever I want to go at about as little integrated cost of
> >ownership as one could hope for, and that aspect of performance has a
> >charm all its own.

> Nah, the correct term would be "superior to everything that GM, Ford
> and Chrysler will turn out this year or next." Further, that is
> assuming you are comparing your '89 to those new vehicles. A
> comparison of a new Honda or Toyota to the crap "American" companies
> claim is their best would be a joke.

To each his own. I have owned a Toyota, my Sister owns a
Honda. The Toyota was the biggest POS I have ever owned. My
sisters Honda is a good car, but nothing I'd want (too
small, too slow, cheap looking interior, paint failing after
8 years). Compared to the worst US car I have ever owned
(1981 Plymouth Reliant), the Toyota I owned was a POS (1983
Cressida). And my Sister's Honda (1997 Civic) although far
more reliable, is from a driving standpoint not as good as
the Reliant (and not even close to the closest in size Ford
I ever owned, a 1978 Fiesta). There is not one Japanese
sedan that interests me. The Toyota sedans are dull and
technologically second rate (Prius excepted). I am
interested in a Toyota or Nissan Truck. Not because they are
more reliable (nothing could be more reliable than my 13
year old F150), but because they are a better size (smaller,
but not too small) and less glitzy than US trucks. The
current F150, Silverado, Titans, and Rams are cartoon
vehicles as far as I am concerned. Too big, too fancy for a
work truck, and stupid as a commuter vehicle. If I wanted a
big truck, an F250 is OK, but I don't need that. Rangers are
too small, and Colorados don't entice me. No way I'd buy a
Dakota. That leaves Tundras, Tacomas, and Frontiers. I think
maybe the newer Tacomas are the best combination of size,
performance, and reliability. However, they are
over-priced......I can actually buy an F150 for less than a
Tacoma......Oh well, I don't want the F150.

Ed
Old June 16th 05, 06:13 PM
C. E. White

Dave Lister wrote:

> 223rem > wrote in newsxVre.3555$on5.1600
> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > Many US jails are far worse than Gitmo. Why dont you
> > direct your hysterical indignation to them?

> The people in US jails have been tried and convicted of a crime, loon.

Not all of them. Lots of people are in jail awaiting
trial....

Ed
Old June 16th 05, 07:00 PM
Dave Lister

"C. E. White" > wrote in news:42B1B345.90917013
@nospam.com:

> Dave Lister wrote:
>>
>> 223rem > wrote in newsxVre.3555$on5.1600
>> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:
>>
>> > Many US jails are far worse than Gitmo. Why dont you
>> > direct your hysterical indignation to them?

>> The people in US jails have been tried and convicted of a crime, loon.

> Not all of them. Lots of people are in jail awaiting
> trial....

Not for three fricken years, and not without due process in progress.

Old June 16th 05, 07:52 PM
Dan J.S.

"Dave Lister" > wrote in message
. 6...
> "Dan J.S." > wrote in
> :
>
>> I do know what it is, because I lived in Eastern Europe and it has
>> happened to my dad. What is happening here is not what you liberals
>> imply. As a matter of fact, by implying that Bush is a Hitler, and
>> Guantanamo is Gulag you are seriously minimizing the evils conducted
>> by both Hitler and the Russians. Then again, you are a liberal, so you
>> are probably not educated.

> No wonder you gloss over it, reactionary. Your argument seems to be "it
> isn't as bad as what the Russians did so its ok".
>
> Who implied Bush is a Hitler?
>
> Your education seems to have been non-existant.
>
> --
> Republican Health Plan: Don't Get Sick
>
> Guantanamo: The Gulag of Our Time

There are hundreds if not thousands of political prisoners on Cuba, being
abused every day, yet you look at Guantanamo as the source of evil.

BTW - If you are going to cut on my level of education, please learn to
spell EXISTENT.

bin laden drives a stang [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 April 24th 05 03:53 PM
"American" TV media cover up CIA_Israeli torture Awake BMW 7 February 26th 05 02:44 PM
American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
American cars Dave General 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM