new to alfa ownership and alarm problem

Old December 13th 04, 10:44 PM
bigc

Default new to alfa ownership and alarm problem

Hi all, new to Alfa and enjoying it so far. I have a 156 ts on a 1998
plate, and the alarm is not working. not even switching on itself after 30
seconds as the manual says it should. any ideas or has anyone had the same
problem. booked into Alfa dealer next week

Old December 14th 04, 05:34 PM
bigc

Thanks for the reply, the manual says that if you forget to lock the doors
manually or by remote it will activate itself after 30 sec. what it doesn't
say that if you lock it manually it will not set, so cheers for alerting me
to that. A work colleague once reset his alarm by disconnection the battery
and when reconnecting pressing the remote for the alarm to register it. any
ideas on this

> The alarm on my 156 is activated by the remote key fob, which activates

the
> central locking at the same time. If I lock the doors manually using the

key,
> the alarm does not activate - even after 30 secs. If the alarm and central
> locking are activated using the key fob, there is a single long beep as

the
> doors lock, the LED on the dash flashes rapidly, then after a few secs the

LED

Old December 15th 04, 12:25 AM
Ppelectron

>Thanks for the reply, the manual says that if you forget to lock the doors
>manually or by remote it will activate itself after 30 sec. what it doesn't
>say that if you lock it manually it will not set, so cheers for alerting me
>to that. A work colleague once reset his alarm by disconnection the battery
>and when reconnecting pressing the remote for the alarm to register it. any
>ideas on this

Not sure about that. If I remember correctly though, several alfa electrical
type faults can be fixed by switching the ignition on without starting the
engine, waiting 1 min then turning ignition off, waiting, then turning ignition
on and starting engine. Probably best to ask for further comments on this
before trying it. Don't you just love Alfas? :-)