Ford's Future "Kinetic" Design Theme

Old September 1st 05, 04:12 AM

Default Ford's Future "Kinetic" Design Theme

Ford's latest concept for the Frankfurt show is the striking Iosis, a
vehicle that the company says predicts its future "kinetic" design
theme. "Get used to this - it is our future," says a European-crafted
press release of the Iosis' curvaceous shape and dynamic proportions.

While the name may be familiar to alchemists out there (for those still
trying to turn base metals into gold, it's the last stage before
becoming unbelievably wealthy), the design bears some of the hallmarks
of Ford's empire. We can't help but think Mazda RX-8 when we see the
Iosis' fender flares, rear deck, and overall proportions. Then there's
the double-pivoting, pillarless door system - like the RX-8's own setup
of rear-hinged access doors for the backseat.

Technical delights include LED low-beam front lamps, rear brake lights
that intensify according to driver input, and carbon-fiber doors. No
powertrain info has been released, but TCC will be in Frankfurt to pore
over every inch of the Iosis starting on Sept. 12.

Check out
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Indu...173.A9173.html
for pics. You'll have to scroll down about a third of page.

Whatcha think... do you like it?

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old September 1st 05, 12:47 PM
SVTKate

I like it!

oups.com...
:

Old September 1st 05, 01:52 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Ashton Crusher > wrote in

>>Whatcha think... do you like it?

> OK I suppose but it doesn't grab me. Looks like they are following
> the general styling cues of the Murano and the Crossfire.

Maybe.. but it looks less clunky than either.
Old September 1st 05, 02:19 PM

SVTKate wrote:
> I like it!

I do too, Kate. I think it looks really sharp!

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old September 1st 05, 09:45 PM
66 6F HCS

> wrote
>We can't help but think Mazda RX-8 when we see the
> Iosis' fender flares, rear deck, and overall proportions. Then there's
> the double-pivoting, pillarless door system - like the RX-8's own setup
> of rear-hinged access doors for the backseat.

I'm thinking early Hyundai Tiburon. Remember those things? Yech

--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old September 4th 05, 08:47 AM
Ashton Crusher

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 14:45:40 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> wrote:

> wrote
>>We can't help but think Mazda RX-8 when we see the
>> Iosis' fender flares, rear deck, and overall proportions. Then there's
>> the double-pivoting, pillarless door system - like the RX-8's own setup
>> of rear-hinged access doors for the backseat.

>I'm thinking early Hyundai Tiburon. Remember those things? Yech

Thanks for reminding me of something I hoped I'd never remember again.
Yech is right.