Maint Req light

Old January 30th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

Default Maint Req light

All,
The maintenance required light on my 2004 Accord is flashing again (10
times) and the reset procedure is not working to eliminate it. In the past I
have been able to reset it with no problem. I must have tried 20 times to
reset this thing, is there a reason it will not allow a reset? Thanks in
advance.
H-S-F

Old January 30th 09, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Help-Slip-Franklin" > wrote in
:

> All,
> The maintenance required light on my 2004 Accord is flashing again (10
> times) and the reset procedure is not working to eliminate it. In the
> past I have been able to reset it with no problem. I must have tried
> 20 times to reset this thing, is there a reason it will not allow a
> reset? Thanks in advance.
> H-S-F

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/maint...eqd-light.html

Are ALL the car's lights OFF when you try the procedure?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old February 1st 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tooomy[_3_]

have you tried servicing it? ;-)

Old February 3rd 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
help-slip-franklin

>have you tried servicing it? ;-)
Why would I want to do that? :-{

I didn't get your response Tegger but it was with Tooomy's. The lights off
did the trick.
Thanks
H-S-F

Old February 3rd 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"Help-Slip-Franklin" > wrote in
:

>>have you tried servicing it? ;-)

> Why would I want to do that? :-{
>
> I didn't get your response Tegger but it was with Tooomy's. The lights
> off did the trick.
> Thanks
> H-S-F

You're welcome.

The lights-off thing even fools dealership techs.

Old February 4th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:18:34 -0500, Help-Slip-Franklin > wrote:
>All,
>The maintenance required light on my 2004 Accord is flashing again (10
>times) and the reset procedure is not working to eliminate it. In the past I
>have been able to reset it with no problem. I must have tried 20 times to
>reset this thing, is there a reason it will not allow a reset? Thanks in
>advance.
>H-S-F

WTF don't you read the codes and fix what is broken?
Old February 4th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:15:47 GMT, E. Meyer > wrote:

>On 2/3/09 8:56 PM, in article
, "AZ Nomad"
> wrote:

>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:18:34 -0500, Help-Slip-Franklin
>> > wrote:
>>> All,
>>> The maintenance required light on my 2004 Accord is flashing again (10
>>> times) and the reset procedure is not working to eliminate it. In the past I
>>> have been able to reset it with no problem. I must have tried 20 times to
>>> reset this thing, is there a reason it will not allow a reset? Thanks in
>>> advance.
>>> H-S-F

>> WTF don't you read the codes and fix what is broken?

>There's no codes involved, the maintenance light is not the check engine
>light. Its just a reminder to change the oil. A little piece of Honda
>wierdness.

oh, my bad.

Sounds like a job for wire cutters.
Old February 4th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Eternal Searcher

E. Meyer wrote:

> There's no codes involved, the maintenance light is not the check engine
> light. Its just a reminder to change the oil. A little piece of Honda
> wierdness.

I'm pretty sure Toyotas have that feature too. And chances are that other
car makers have it as well.

Maint. req. light/timing belt Michael Muderick Honda 14 May 21st 08 01:43 PM
Maint Req'd Light Zephyr Honda 4 November 23rd 06 12:45 AM
Maint Light PMS Honda 8 May 20th 05 12:23 PM
2002 CRV and MAINT REQUIRED LIGHT Jason Honda 3 April 7th 05 12:29 AM
how to get "Maint Required" light to go out? Jim Byrd Dodge 0 December 31st 04 09:56 PM