Spitting Anti-Freeze

Old April 13th 05, 11:25 PM
R. Mark Clayton

must be an air lock (through the heater) then?

Old April 14th 05, 06:13 AM
Tbird-Steve

The M20 has a bleed valve in the top of the thermostat housing - maybe the
M30 has the same thing? The radiator on mine also has a plastic bleed
screw in the top so that the coolant will get to the top of the engine.
I know from experience that if you don't bleed the M20 properly when
changing the coolant then you're asking for trouble from the inevitable
air-lock which will be in there.
I seized the engine, wrecked the pistons and warped the cylinder head
shortly after changing coolant for the first time on a BMW resulting in a
$300 repair job. A slant 6 can be a real learning experience.

Steve

Old April 15th 05, 01:12 AM
Jamel L. Raines

must be. did not design that 1990 735i series, the anti-freeze is spilling
out of where I explained in my earlier posts.
hopefully I can do an internet search and get some photos of the A/C system
to confirm my suspicions.

Old April 15th 05, 01:13 AM
Jamel L. Raines

Damn. $300 dollar repair job. ****. see thats that job security **** they
dont tell you till you mess something up.