2009 honda accord coupe alloy wheels

Old February 15th 09, 04:18 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Michael Pardee[_2_]

Default 2009 honda accord coupe alloy wheels

"jim beam" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:23:48 +0000, Tegger wrote:
>
>> "E. Meyer" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>>> Do they need wheel locks? The professional thieves have the
>>> wherewithal to readily defeat the locks. They might slow down the
>>> teenage amateurs for a little while. I remember from when I lived in
>>> Houston that anything not nailed down and guarded with a shotgun was
>>> fair game, so wheel locks might help, but its more likely they would
>>> just take the whole car.

>> In practice, locks do help slow thieves down a bit.

> not around these parts. wide availability of battery powered impact
> drivers have seen to that.

Locks add only at most a second or two to each wheel stolen, compared to the
time it takes to get the wheel off the ground and supported by something to
leave the car sitting on. If there are two thieves working on it, one on the
lug nuts while the other is lifting the corner, it doesn't slow things down
at all.

Mike