N2003 hardcore mode problem

Old January 21st 05, 11:59 PM
Joao Gonzalez

Default N2003 hardcore mode problem

My team is entering the SSCA Endurance Race on Saturday 29. We were at a
practice session tonight. One of my team mates has a very strange problem:
with Hardcore Mode (Driving Aids) turned on, his car is undrivable on
straights, the steering goes all wobbly.

If hardcore mode is turned off, and Aids turned off he can steer it fine but
when its on he can't. We tried this at our own league's server and its the
same thing.

His wheel is a MSFF. We tried different linearity and steering assist
adjustments but it doesn't help.

Anybody got a suggestion?

Thanks,

Joao Gonzalez

Old January 22nd 05, 06:47 AM
Mitch_A

Joao Gonzalez wrote:

> My team is entering the SSCA Endurance Race on Saturday 29. We were at a
> practice session tonight. One of my team mates has a very strange problem:
> with Hardcore Mode (Driving Aids) turned on, his car is undrivable on
> straights, the steering goes all wobbly.
>
> If hardcore mode is turned off, and Aids turned off he can steer it fine
> but when its on he can't. We tried this at our own league's server and its
> the same thing.
>
> His wheel is a MSFF. We tried different linearity and steering assist
> adjustments but it doesn't help.
>
> Anybody got a suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joao Gonzalez

If you guys are running Hardcore mode then why is he trying to turn on
driving aids? I thought the only aid in HC was auto clutch?

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:10 AM
Joao Gonzalez

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
m...
> Joao Gonzalez wrote:
>
>> My team is entering the SSCA Endurance Race on Saturday 29. We were at a
>> practice session tonight. One of my team mates has a very strange
>> problem:
>> with Hardcore Mode (Driving Aids) turned on, his car is undrivable on
>> straights, the steering goes all wobbly.
>>
>> If hardcore mode is turned off, and Aids turned off he can steer it fine
>> but when its on he can't. We tried this at our own league's server and
>> its
>> the same thing.
>>
>> His wheel is a MSFF. We tried different linearity and steering assist
>> adjustments but it doesn't help.
>>
>> Anybody got a suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joao Gonzalez

> If you guys are running Hardcore mode then why is he trying to turn on
> driving aids? I thought the only aid in HC was auto clutch?
>
> Mitch
> --
> Remove "nospam." to reply.
> SuSE 9.2 Pro.

He's not trying to turn on aids. His aids are off except auto clutch and
racing line. For some sreason, if the server has HC activated, the car is
impossible to drive in a straight line. This guys is an experienced driver
but there must be some bug or something that we're missing.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:11 PM
JTS

Joao Gonzalez wrote:
> "Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>Joao Gonzalez wrote:
>>

>>>My team is entering the SSCA Endurance Race on Saturday 29. We were at a
>>>practice session tonight. One of my team mates has a very strange
>>>problem:
>>>with Hardcore Mode (Driving Aids) turned on, his car is undrivable on
>>>straights, the steering goes all wobbly.
>>>
>>>If hardcore mode is turned off, and Aids turned off he can steer it fine
>>>but when its on he can't. We tried this at our own league's server and
>>>its
>>>the same thing.
>>>
>>>His wheel is a MSFF. We tried different linearity and steering assist
>>>adjustments but it doesn't help.
>>>
>>>Anybody got a suggestion?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Joao Gonzalez

>>If you guys are running Hardcore mode then why is he trying to turn on
>>driving aids? I thought the only aid in HC was auto clutch?
>>
>>Mitch
>>--
>>Remove "nospam." to reply.
>>SuSE 9.2 Pro.

> He's not trying to turn on aids. His aids are off except auto clutch and
> racing line. For some sreason, if the server has HC activated, the car is
> impossible to drive in a straight line. This guys is an experienced driver
> but there must be some bug or something that we're missing.

I notice that too. Very strange.