Remote key fob - replacement

Old February 12th 05, 01:03 PM
David

Because of your centuries of rapid inbreeding. Yes I will give you the
credit of Population Density. But having sex with the cousins and brothers
and sisters is still widely shummed in the U.S. With the exception of the
original colony states.

Old February 12th 05, 01:05 PM
Adrian

David ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

>> You're forgetting population density.
>>
>> The population of the USA is demonstrably denser than that of the UK.

> Because of your centuries of rapid inbreeding. Yes I will give you the
> credit of Population Density. But having sex with the cousins and
> brothers and sisters is still widely shummed in the U.S. With the
> exception of the original colony states.

Ah, but we've learnt to read on this side of the pond...
Old February 12th 05, 01:42 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

And how reliable has your Alfa been...?....

DAS

---

[...]

Old February 12th 05, 01:52 PM
SteveH

Dori A Schmetterling > wrote:

> And how reliable has your Alfa been...?....

The only breakdown has been a failed clutch slave cylinder. I'll let it
have that one, as it's 130k miles and 15 years old.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old February 12th 05, 01:56 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Perhaps only in Europe. US cars in the US are a lot cheaper than here, I
trust you know.

Just curious, from a price point of view, what would you put up against the
Neon that's similar in spec but cheaper in the UK. (Never mind the EuroNCAP
for now.)

DAS

---

"Steve Firth" > wrote in message
.. .
[...]
> Untrue, it's vastly overpriced,

[...]

Old February 12th 05, 02:20 PM
Adrian

Dori A Schmetterling ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

> Perhaps only in Europe. US cars in the US are a lot cheaper than
> here, I trust you know.

Lovely, an' all, but that nugget's not a lot of use in the UK.

> Just curious, from a price point of view, what would you put up
> against the Neon that's similar in spec but cheaper in the UK.

The Neon was last available new here last summer (2004/04 plate).

2.0LX manual - £12,702
2.0LX auto - £13,002
2.0R/T manual - £13,995

That's slap bang in the middle of good-spec Focus money. 1.6 Zetec,
£12,882. 1.8 Zetec, £13,382. Yes, the Neon is nominally a little larger
(not much in it), but the reviews also slate it for poor rear space.

There's absolutely no question as to which is the better car - and the used
Focus would now be worth two grand more than the Neon. After nine months.

The Focus is also a big chunk more economical, falls into a cheaper road
tax band than the Neon, and is FIVE insurance groups lower (7 instead of
12)...
Old February 12th 05, 03:31 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Adrian wrote:

> >> You're barking up the wrong tree here - where exactly do you think
> >> Jaguars are built?

> > Now! owned by americans and engineered by americans

> I wonder exactly what they do in the rather large Engineering Centre at
> Whitley, then?

Figuring out how to take Jaguar back to its roots. And it's working. When
the Jaguar Advanced Lightweight Coupe was revealed at the North American
International Auto Show last month, one headlamp was burnt out.

Old February 12th 05, 03:33 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Tim S Kemp wrote:

> David wrote:
>
> > Are there any English made and owned vehicles? NOOOOOOO!

> LTI. Caterham.

Playtoys built at the rate of 2/year don't count as "cars".
Old February 12th 05, 03:35 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, SteveH wrote:

> > Right, 'cos Vauxhalls and Rovers are *so* much better.

> I'm not saying that a Rover would be any better, but we seem to have a
> tiny bit of a problem here, in that Vauxhalls actually are yank ****e.

Er...nope. Vauxhalls are a mix of Kraut and Brit. No Yank in 'em. Never
has been.
Old February 12th 05, 03:44 PM
SteveH

Daniel J. Stern > wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, SteveH wrote:
>
> > > Right, 'cos Vauxhalls and Rovers are *so* much better.

> > I'm not saying that a Rover would be any better, but we seem to have a
> > tiny bit of a problem here, in that Vauxhalls actually are yank ****e.

> Er...nope. Vauxhalls are a mix of Kraut and Brit. No Yank in 'em. Never
> has been.

*bzzzzt* wrong again.

You get versions of the European Corsa, Astra, Vectra and previously the
Omega.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL