Labour costs to change a differential ?

Old January 25th 05, 09:45 PM
Carl Bowman

"AndrewR" > wrote in message
> It's certainly an easy life down there. Every time I've been to London

the
> place is packed with people who got rich young, retired and now have

nothing
> better to do than lie around in sleeping bags all day.
>
> Lucky *******s.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that )

Old January 25th 05, 09:55 PM
Andrew Thomas

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article >,
> Matt O'Toole > wrote:
> > > Are these 200+UKP labour costs standard for London or something?

> > I don't know about that, but you can figure on paying for 4-5 hours
> > labor to change a diff.

> Which in London would cost 450-550 gbp at my dealer.

Sounds about right. The time to change a diff, according to BMW's
internationally adopted technical guideline, is around 2 hours. At a
central London dealer, that's around a million pounds. Oop north, they
do it out of the goodness of their own hearts - where, I believe, they
also pay their utility bills with peace, love and harmon-ee.

Old January 25th 05, 11:12 PM
Taz

"AndrewR" > wrote in message
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Pete M > wrote:
>>> If you choose to live down south, you should expect to be ripped off.

>> That's because we all make 100,000 quid a year plus. I'm told. ;-(

> It's certainly an easy life down there. Every time I've been to London
> the place is packed with people who got rich young, retired and now have
> nothing better to do than lie around in sleeping bags all day.
>
> Lucky *******s.

LOL.

Old January 26th 05, 12:01 AM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
AndrewR > wrote:
> > That's because we all make 100,000 quid a year plus. I'm told. ;-(

> It's certainly an easy life down there. Every time I've been to London
> the place is packed with people who got rich young, retired and now
> have nothing better to do than lie around in sleeping bags all day.

Youngsters these days. When I were a lad it were old newspapers - or
cardboard boxes if you were filthy rich.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old January 26th 05, 12:14 AM
Dan Drake

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:01:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
> wrote:

>In article >,
> AndrewR > wrote:
>> > That's because we all make 100,000 quid a year plus. I'm told. ;-(

>> It's certainly an easy life down there. Every time I've been to London
>> the place is packed with people who got rich young, retired and now
>> have nothing better to do than lie around in sleeping bags all day.

>Youngsters these days. When I were a lad it were old newspapers - or
>cardboard boxes if you were filthy rich.

I have a nasty feeling that I know where this is going...
--
Dan Drake
Old January 26th 05, 12:17 AM
Richard Cranium

Lordy,

My son-in-law and I swapped out the rear diff in my 530i. Neither of
us had done this with a BMW before. Start to finish for us amateurs
(without a hoist) was 1 hr 30 mins.

R.C.

Old January 26th 05, 02:00 AM
Pete M

In ,
Dori A Schmetterling > decided to enlighten our sheltered
souls with a rant as follows

>> If you choose to live down south, you should expect to be ripped off.
>>

> And where is the rip-off boundary?

As far as I can make out, somewhere just South of Birmingham. I'd guess at
Northamptonshire :-)

--
Pete M

Mercedes 260E
Ford Capri (ressurection started)
"Never moon a werewolf"

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Old January 26th 05, 02:02 AM
Pete M

In ups.com,
Andrew Thomas > decided to enlighten our
sheltered souls with a rant as follows
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

>>> I don't know about that, but you can figure on paying for 4-5 hours
>>> labor to change a diff.

>> Which in London would cost 450-550 gbp at my dealer.

> Sounds about right. The time to change a diff, according to BMW's
> internationally adopted technical guideline, is around 2 hours. At a
> central London dealer, that's around a million pounds. Oop north,
> they do it out of the goodness of their own hearts - where, I
> believe, they also pay their utility bills with peace, love and
> harmon-ee.

Yup, you've got the hang of this haven't you?

BMW do charge different - higher - rates in London and the Home Counties
though.

Plate glass and coffee must cost more dahn sahff.

Old January 26th 05, 03:32 AM
Ben Blaney

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

>Youngsters these days. When I were a lad it were old newspapers - or
>cardboard boxes if you were filthy rich.

<Four Yorkshireman>

Luxury!

--
Ben Blaney
Old January 26th 05, 11:59 AM
Dori A Schmetterling

Tell us.

DAS

---

"Dan Drake" > wrote in message
[...]
> I have a nasty feeling that I know where this is going...
> --
> Dan Drake

we change them, then we finally irritate Jimmie and Candy's elder carrot Deaf Dummy Technology 0 January 14th 05 08:52 PM
Tire change for 2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4cyl. grandma Honda 3 December 22nd 04 01:15 PM
BMW-525I - oil change frequency AGIND BMW 29 December 19th 04 02:11 PM
Oil change John Sloan Saturn 11 June 22nd 04 01:51 PM
THIS ADD CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE jaman General 0 May 30th 04 07:05 PM