Thunk sound

Old January 24th 05, 02:39 PM

Default Thunk sound

On my way in tthis morning, there was an audible and felt THUNK THUNK
whenever I hit a bump. The noise seems to be coming from the left side
almost under or slightly forward of my clutch foot. I crawled under
looking for chunks of ice or packed snow in the spring or around the
shocks, but found nothing. Any ideas?

Old January 24th 05, 03:54 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Year, model, suspension mods? As Dr Evil so eloquently put it..."Need the
info! Throw me a friggin bone here!"

:-)

ups.com...

Old January 24th 05, 04:09 PM

Whooops....97 tj sport no suspension upgrades or changes yet...bone
stock....no friggin laser beams either.

Old January 24th 05, 04:09 PM

Old January 24th 05, 06:25 PM
griffin

Check your exhaust ...I have a similar problem right now in my Corolla and
it turns out it is a muffler clamp and when I hit any bumps it thuds. It
also gets louder depending on my speed/amount of gas due to vibrations.

ups.com...

Old January 24th 05, 07:21 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Or a bad motor allowing the engine to shift, allowing the exhaust
to hit the frame, torquing:
http://members.cox.net/douglas.wilson/motormount/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 24th 05, 11:46 PM
Steve

In addition to suggestions on sway bar brackets and motor mounts, take a
close look at your sway bar links (vertical bar on each side connecting
axle to sway bar). These do wear out after a while and will start
clunking. If it's none of the above, look for worn control arm bushings,
loose track bar bracket, or broken shock mount.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

wrote:
> On my way in tthis morning, there was an audible and felt THUNK THUNK
> whenever I hit a bump. The noise seems to be coming from the left side
> almost under or slightly forward of my clutch foot. I crawled under
> looking for chunks of ice or packed snow in the spring or around the
> shocks, but found nothing. Any ideas?

Can someone identify this sound? JM Technology 10 January 23rd 05 03:24 PM
GPL Sound problems continued Uwe Schürkamp Simulators 13 January 4th 05 01:33 AM
2001 Jetta - Grinding Sound w/ Engine dnilsson VW water cooled 6 December 14th 04 09:36 PM
Strange sound KoStAhR Alfa Romeo 0 August 31st 04 11:07 PM
Jingling sound from leaf spring shackle dcbryan 4x4 5 July 5th 04 06:47 PM