GTR in US yet?

Old December 5th 04, 10:59 PM
Tara

Dave Henrie wrote:

> That being said...(to the original naysayer in this thread)what was in
> the demo that so disillusioned you?

Lousy graphics, sound, mediocre physics engine...
Old December 5th 04, 11:05 PM
Tony Rickard

"Dave Henrie" wrote:

> That being said...(to the original naysayer in this thread)what was in
> the demo that so disillusioned you?
> ^
> dave henrie {is that even a real word?}

Yep, one of those words that looks a bit weird for some reason!

Old December 6th 04, 01:30 AM
Damien Smith

>> That being said...(to the original naysayer in this thread)what was in
>> the demo that so disillusioned you?

> Lousy graphics, sound, mediocre physics engine...

lol....yeah, right

Old December 6th 04, 12:52 PM
EldredP

>"Tara" > wrote in message
. com...
>> Dave Henrie wrote:
>>
>>> Early in 05 is the scheduled date. Whether that holds up is anybody's
>>> guess.

>> I hope it's better than the demo.

>I think it is. I almost didn't buy it because of the demo.

Really? The demo convinced me that I *do* want the full retail.
<shrug>

Eldred
--
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett

GPLRank -6.0 MoGPL rank +267.80
Ch.Rank +52.58
Hist. +82.34
N2k3 rank: -1.182
Slayer Spektera lvl 79 assassin
Slayer Spectral_K lvl 44 Necro
US East
Old December 6th 04, 10:15 PM

I wasn't impressed with NFS (the version b4 Underground). It was a game
I played when I wanted to good laugh. I'm not being condescending, I
feel the same way about Midnight Club 2. It's a silly game, but fun.

I was mostly disappointed with the graphics in the GTR demo -- they
seemed to be from technology 4 years ago. Perhaps the full version has
better looks. I still haven't seen a racing sim that matches the
graphics of N2003.
I haven't tried Rfactor. I'll have to give it a go.

Tara

Old December 7th 04, 02:44 AM
Damien Smith

> I was mostly disappointed with the graphics in the GTR demo -- they
> seemed to be from technology 4 years ago. Perhaps the full version has
> better looks. I still haven't seen a racing sim that matches the
> graphics of N2003.

Well, GTR is a fair bit better than N2003 in the graphics department. One
thing that people often forget to do is to set texture detail to 'full'
instead of just 'high' - the textures look a bit crappy on 'high' but on
'full' they're the most detailed textures I've ever seen in a game. The 3D
modelling in GTR is world class too. The only drawback is that the lighting
isn't as advanced as something like TRD2 but it's still on a par with N2003
in that department.

Old December 7th 04, 06:26 AM
Byron Forbes

"Damien Smith" > wrote in message
> > I was mostly disappointed with the graphics in the GTR demo -- they
> > seemed to be from technology 4 years ago. Perhaps the full version has
> > better looks. I still haven't seen a racing sim that matches the
> > graphics of N2003.

> Well, GTR is a fair bit better than N2003 in the graphics department. One
> thing that people often forget to do is to set texture detail to 'full'
> instead of just 'high' - the textures look a bit crappy on 'high' but on
> 'full' they're the most detailed textures I've ever seen in a game. The

3D
> modelling in GTR is world class too. The only drawback is that the

lighting
> isn't as advanced as something like TRD2 but it's still on a par with

N2003
> in that department.

Yep. I just installed the press demo and the first thing that hit me was
how good the graphics were. Sounds seemed pretty good too - maybe a bit
tinny.