rack?

Old April 24th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default rack?

Finally picked up my new MX5 2006...unfortunatly it has beed raing and
cold ever since I picked it up! Anyway, I noticed my beach chairs do
not fit in the trunk...any one know of a good removable rack to use on
the car? I noticed a few on the web but i would appreciate knowing if
anyone has experience with this? Thanks!

Old April 24th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Might be kinda early to find people with NC experience but maybe one of the
companies that made a good rack for the NA / NB would be a good place to
start. Hopefully people here will chime in. Does Mazda sell a version thru
the dealerships? Do you have to have a removable version? I think some of
the permanent ones looked pretty good on an NA but I can't remember seeing
any on an NB.

Chris
99BBB

ups.com...

Old April 25th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"mowgli" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Finally picked up my new MX5 2006...unfortunatly it has beed raing
> and cold ever since I picked it up! Anyway, I noticed my beach
> chairs do not fit in the trunk...any one know of a good removable
> rack to use on the car? I noticed a few on the web but i would
> appreciate knowing if anyone has experience with this? Thanks!

GoMiata says their removable rack fits all MX5s.

Someone here might have experience with it on a NA or NB.

http://store.miataparts.org/gorelura.html

MiataMania has the same rack.

http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...54&SortOrder=2

Old April 25th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

why not get new chairs that do fit in the trunk?
like the new comfortable folding style that fold up like a tripod... lots
of places sell them but here is a vendor i like...
http://tinyurl.com/jh2vd

ups.com...

Old April 26th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> GoMiata says their removable rack fits all MX5s.
>
> Someone here might have experience with it on a NA or NB.
>
> http://store.miataparts.org/gorelura.html
>
> MiataMania has the same rack.
>
> http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...254&SortOrder=
> 2

Also, check our these guys:

http://www.classiccarrier.com/

--
J. Long
Old April 26th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E > wrote:

>"mowgli" > wrote in
oups.com:

>> Finally picked up my new MX5 2006...unfortunatly it has beed raing
>> and cold ever since I picked it up! Anyway, I noticed my beach
>> chairs do not fit in the trunk...any one know of a good removable
>> rack to use on the car? I noticed a few on the web but i would
>> appreciate knowing if anyone has experience with this? Thanks!

>GoMiata says their removable rack fits all MX5s.

It also says (C) 2005. You better check with them personally;
the 2006 trunk lid is completely different.

Leon

>Someone here might have experience with it on a NA or NB.
>
>http://store.miataparts.org/gorelura.html
>
>MiataMania has the same rack.
>
>http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewP...54&SortOrder=2

--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old April 27th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

get smaller chairs.

ups.com...

Old April 28th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I have this rack from gomiata.com and is awesome on my 1996. I leave it
permanently on
because it looks great on the car and carry a lot of stuff on it. Couple of
beach chair and a cooler is pretty normal when i got to the beach. I am not
sure if it fits a 2006 though.

oc

Old April 28th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"ciccallini" > wrote in
:

> I have this rack from gomiata.com and is awesome on my 1996. I
> leave it permanently on
> because it looks great on the car and carry a lot of stuff on it.
> Couple of beach chair and a cooler is pretty normal when i got to
> the beach. I am not sure if it fits a 2006 though.

>> http://store.miataparts.org/gorelura.html

It says 1990 through 2006 so I'm almost sure it would. I guess the OP
could call and ask. Their contact info is:

Have a Question About a Product or Need Customer Service?

Customer Service & Product Questions:

Toll Free 1-866-466-4282
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time

Fax: 818-764-9522

Email:

Mailing Address:

GoMiata
7525 Ethel Ave. Suite M
North Hollywood, CA 91605

The address above is for correspondence or mail order only. No product
pick-ups.

Old May 1st 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I live in Orange County and you've asked the questions that I have! It
was nice to have sun this weekend = so I could put my top down. But I'm
concerned about getting my beach chairs in the car - and my body
boards. So I ordered a trunk rack.