Good Source for hubcaps -67 beetle ??

Old July 31st 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose

Default Good Source for hubcaps -67 beetle ??

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:23:43 -0400, maddog > wrote:

>can't seem to find original or original looking wheel covers anywhere.
>Could use some help on the best place to look ?
>Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks/

The "new" ones you can get are of awful quality. It's best to get a
set of originals and have them rechromed.

Try eBay or TheSamba, there always seems to be a few on there.
--
Howard Rose
www.howard81.co.uk
Old August 7th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Howard Rose

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:26:26 -0400, maddog > wrote:

>Thanks for the response Howard.
>The "project" I'm working on is in rough shape and it will be many
>months before I have to worry about hub caps - but figured it might
>take time to find. I do have two originals (center cap only, no trim
>rings) which will require re-chrome, guess I'll keep my eyes open for
>two more.

The aluminium trim rings aren't standard - they where a dealer
accessory. I had them on my car, but after I spent ages painting the
wheels I felt it was a shame to put them back on! So I just stuck
with the hub-caps and put the trim rings in the garage.

You can buy the trim-rings new, but I have no idea of the quality.