88 535i inspection light

Old November 18th 04, 11:28 PM
David N Emmet

Default 88 535i inspection light

My 535i will have the tach fail, and the inspection light come on
intermitently.
Car runs fine and does not stumble when this occurs, and corrects itself in
just a moment or two.
Any thoughts?

Old November 19th 04, 01:51 AM
Bill

Sounds like the circuit board batteries failing or a loose/bad connection
on/into the instrument cluster.

Old November 19th 04, 02:03 PM
Grant

Welcome to my world. I have an 87 535i and experienced the same problem
for a while........until it failed for good. I've been meaning to fix it
and understand that there the problem may be related to 2 batteries behind
the dash. Good luck.

Grant

Old November 19th 04, 09:44 PM
Bill

I've seen the intakes from BMP and BavAuto for late models. I was wondering
if there was something better for the M30 ('86 535i). I'm not talking about
the filter mods, but the actual intake manifold. Maybe something that
doesn't cross over the head. Has anyone retrofitted a newer hotfilm/wire air
mass meter to the earlier M30?
Bill
'86 535i U.S.

EM Warning Light A Lurker Audi 3 December 19th 04 12:16 AM
Inspection II pp BMW 4 November 19th 04 05:37 PM
A6 (1996) brake pad thickness warning light? John Prendergast Audi 3 November 18th 04 01:22 PM
E39 535i V8 warning light. Brett Anderson BMW 0 November 15th 04 06:20 AM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM