Speeding Ticket Defense vs. pacing

Old January 9th 05, 05:30 AM
Max

a écrit :
> Mine is an imported car - a relatively new (2003) Honda Accord. Do
> you mean that the speedometer's reading on my car is higher than
> the actual speed?

I'm fairly sure of it. Typically you will have an error from as low as
about 1/10 mph or sometimes as high as 10, I'd estimate yours to be on
the lower side, but typically all auto speedos (exc. calibrated) read high.

As well, as the tires wear, they become smaller and thus the speedo
reads higher... it's impossible to have a perfect speed reading.

--
----------------------
http://www.saab-900.tk
Old January 9th 05, 06:36 PM

http://www.saab-900.tk
> The Saab Tech Resource
> ----------------------

If that's true, one could be traveling up to 10mph slower than what his
car's speedometer is telling him. In my case, this would make the
ticket
even more ridiculous.

I think I'm gonna get the speedometer tolerance specifications from
Honda
directly. I'm thinking this might help my defense. How many people
actually
know the reading could be that far off? Also the accuracy might not
even
be linear; that is, it might be more accurate at higher speed than at
lower speed, etc?

Old January 9th 05, 06:36 PM

http://www.saab-900.tk

Old January 10th 05, 06:11 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>On 7 Jan 2005 15:50:50 -0800, "Christopher Green"
> wrote:
>
>>While that may indeed be the whole picture, the judge will not look at
>>a picture that is quite that whole. Traffic court judges aren't going
>>to look behind the law for its intent or the posted speed for its
>>reasonableness any more than they look behind your driving for your
>>motives. But if you waste his time
>>with "the 85th percentile speed on this highway is 60, so the posted
>>speed limit of 45 is clearly unreasonable", and there's no statute
>>allowing you to challenge a speed limit that way, you will lose quickly
>>and painfully.

>Great men from Ghandi to King have used Civil Disobedience to fight
>injustice. Sure, sometimes they go to jail, but in the long run they
>won because their cause was just.

Since then the system has adjusted to resist civil disobedience. Try
it now and you languish, ignored, in prison.
Old January 10th 05, 06:11 PM
Matthew Russotto