Illinois becoming more communist as we speak...

Old July 12th 05, 10:31 PM
DTJ

Default Illinois becoming more communist as we speak...

On the news today - cameras in construction zones, and tickets to be
mailed to all drivers who drive through the area.

Makes sense if you think about how every driver speeds through these
areas, as to do the speed limit would get you killed.

I guess I will just have to make sure to drive REAL ****ING CLOSE to
the guy ahead of me so the communists can't see my plate.
Old July 13th 05, 02:46 AM
Jim Yanik

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On the news today - cameras in construction zones, and tickets to be
> mailed to all drivers who drive through the area.
>
> Makes sense if you think about how every driver speeds through these
> areas, as to do the speed limit would get you killed.
>
> I guess I will just have to make sure to drive REAL ****ING CLOSE to
> the guy ahead of me so the communists can't see my plate.

Use Photoblocker spray.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 13th 05, 05:32 PM
JohnH

Jim Yanik wrote:
> DTJ > wrote in
> :
>
>> On the news today - cameras in construction zones, and tickets to be
>> mailed to all drivers who drive through the area.
>>
>> Makes sense if you think about how every driver speeds through these
>> areas, as to do the speed limit would get you killed.
>>
>> I guess I will just have to make sure to drive REAL ****ING CLOSE to
>> the guy ahead of me so the communists can't see my plate.
>>

> Use Photoblocker spray.

Does that help you obey the speed limit in a construction zone?

Old July 13th 05, 05:34 PM
Arif Khokar

JohnH wrote:
> Does that help you obey the speed limit in a construction zone?

Yes, it keeps your brake pads and rotors in constant contact.
Old July 14th 05, 03:13 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:32:14 -0400, "JohnH" >
wrote:

>Jim Yanik wrote:
>> DTJ > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> On the news today - cameras in construction zones, and tickets to be
>>> mailed to all drivers who drive through the area.
>>>
>>> Makes sense if you think about how every driver speeds through these
>>> areas, as to do the speed limit would get you killed.
>>>
>>> I guess I will just have to make sure to drive REAL ****ING CLOSE to
>>> the guy ahead of me so the communists can't see my plate.
>>>

>> Use Photoblocker spray.

>Does that help you obey the speed limit in a construction zone?

Why does it matter? Only an idiot would do the speed limit in these
zones. Doing so is suicide.
Old July 14th 05, 04:22 AM
Brent P

In article >, JohnH wrote:
> Jim Yanik wrote:

> Does that help you obey the speed limit in a construction zone?

As someone who has attempted to obey IL construction zone speed limits,
DTJ there is right, it's very dangerous to do so.

IL is still in the dark ages on NMSL. That means the regular speed limit
is already well underposted. Now add to that a construction zone speed
limit that is 10mph lower than that. Do people slow down for construction
zones? Yes, the ones that warrant it. Do they do the speed limit? No.

Do 45mph (or sometimes as low as 35mph) and you will be taking a great
risk with your life and your vehicle. I've done it. People on my ass and
others whiping around. People getting really ****ed off.

BTW, I had someone practically try to kill me because I was obeying a 25mph
construction zone speed limit on an arterial road once they got so ****ed
off.

Another thing done on area interstates is to start a little bit of work on
the shoulder for about 100 feet or less, put up the 24-7 construction zone
speed limit signs and then leave the site unworked on and unmanned for
weeks. These are nothing more than revenue gathering devices IMO.

Old July 14th 05, 05:15 AM
JohnH

>>> Use Photoblocker spray.

>> Does that help you obey the speed limit in a construction zone?

> Why does it matter? Only an idiot would do the speed limit in these
> zones. Doing so is suicide.

Talk about a point being lost!

Ok, show me one incidence where someone was killed for *not* speeding
through a construction zone.

You'll need it as your defense when your photoblocker spray fails.

FYI, "The reduced speed limits are part of a nation-wide effort to reduce
crashes in construction areas. In 2000, nationally, the crashes killed 1,093
individuals, 80 percent of them motorists. "

Old July 14th 05, 05:20 AM
Brent P

In article >, JohnH wrote:

> Ok, show me one incidence where someone was killed for *not* speeding
> through a construction zone.

I've been nearly killed a few times. That sort of thing happens when you
are going 20+mph slower than the flow.

Old July 14th 05, 06:03 AM
Arif Khokar

JohnH wrote:

>>Why does it matter? Only an idiot would do the speed limit in these
>>zones. Doing so is suicide.

> Talk about a point being lost!
>
> Ok, show me one incidence where someone was killed for *not* speeding
> through a construction zone.

How about this scenario:

The typical traffic speed on road is 70 mph. The normal posted limit is
50 mph. The construction zone speed limit is 35 mph. Traffic speed
slows down to 60 mph. A cyclist is riding through the construction zone
at 30 mph. How likely is it that the cyclist will survive?
Old July 14th 05, 08:23 AM
Pooh Bear

DTJ wrote:

> On the news today - cameras in construction zones, and tickets to be
> mailed to all drivers who drive through the area.
>
> Makes sense if you think about how every driver speeds through these
> areas, as to do the speed limit would get you killed.
>
> I guess I will just have to make sure to drive REAL ****ING CLOSE to
> the guy ahead of me so the communists can't see my plate.

Are you suggesting speeding in a construction zone is ok ?

Over here in the UK we take the construction zone limits quite seriously
for the simple reason that some poor humans actually need to do their
job there and we don't want to kill them by accident !

Be thankful they're improving the road.

Graham