134a Refrigerant

Old July 13th 05, 05:32 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yes I've used a sexton and an atomic clock radio to find my
position, it was apart of my ARMY surveyors training:
http://www.billhughes.com/trigmarker.jpg It was my job to give an
azimuth, and distance to target coordinance longitude and latitude.
reminds me, as a bleeding heart liberal, you've never done anything in
the service to our country, have you?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 13th 05, 05:49 AM
BillyRay

Bill you are wrong on this one.

Bleeding hearts serve their country by NOT serving. What kind of shape
would our military be in if we waffled in the wind or kept repeating "That
is NOT a 155 the enemy is about to fire, that is NOT a 155 the enemy is
about to fire" or refused to fire their weapon while being over-run on the
grounds on the effect of cordite on the atmosphere.

Old July 13th 05, 06:02 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
. ..
> Heavier than the components summed individually?

no, but as hard as you try to spin i just wont let you. the individual
weights dont matter until the compound is broken down. refrigerant is
heavier than cholorine which is heavier than air making it even harder for
refrigerant to reach the ozone than chlorine (although it would be dissolved
by the sunlight much in the same way you have to keep adding chlorine to a
pool).

> 2 is not heavier than 1+1... that's the point.

TRANSLATION --> "im wrong so ill spin a herring"

> the combined components are not heavier
> than the original components.

the combined components are heavier than the individual components
individually thus making it even harder for refrigerant to reach the ozone
layer. a layer of refrigerant would settle below layers of the individual
elements that make it up.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 13th 05, 06:03 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
. ..
>> TRANSLATION --> "youre right"

>No really... too funny!

TRANSLATION --> "youre still right"

:-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 13th 05, 06:13 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
. ..
> > Refrigeration not part of HVAC?

> nope. thats what you get for asking your sisters husbands brother.

> How about Google?

i dont give a damn what google says. refrigeration is not part of hvac.
hvac = heating ventilation air condition. nothing in there about
refrigeration. hvac/r on the other hand.....

> Well, describe how I 'choked'

lol so you can continue to spin away and ask the same question over and over
ignoring my intial answer like a little kid not getting his way? :-)
initially you choked by stating it was hvac related. secondly you choked by
suggesting you could simply bypass it (thats what you get for asking someone
else who is as ignorant as you). finally youve yet to give me an
alternative solution to replacing a failed HMC in a pinch.

but your failure is no surprise......just add it to your long list. :-)

>TRANSLATION--> "I'd better back away from that one!"

wow......thanks for the sincere flattery. :-)

> Actually, I don't give a **** *what* you think you said
> about any HMC

TRANSLATION --> "im mad because i choked on it" :-)

> Freon's
> a compound, and you're stuck with it!

freon is a brand name, but i wouldnt expect you to say anything factual.

> I actually gave a pretty good explanation of how it
> could be used

lol.....only in your ignorant mind! :-) give your little explanation in a
room full of experienced refrigeration techs and watch how many choke. :-)

> I asked nobody... and you can't prove otherwise.

TRANSLATION --> "i asked another ignorant fool" :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 13th 05, 01:02 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
. ..

2 is not heavier than 1+1... that's the point.

Never claimed it to be, I asked my question using a "per unit volume" frame
of reference. The correct answer to my question is "not always."

Old July 13th 05, 01:04 PM
jeff

Were you born this stupid, or did you have to take lessons at it later
in life???? Miscibility of water and alcohol has nothing to do with
"density" and likewise nothing to do with molecule size. BTW, three
component phase diagrams are pretty cool things with some nice saddles
and inflections where the miscibility gaps are. This miscibility gap is
why there is only a certain amount of water that can be absorbed by dry
gas, even though alcohol and gasoline are fully miscible, and water and
alcohol are fully miscible.

--
jeff

Old July 13th 05, 01:05 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

LOL

Old July 13th 05, 01:40 PM
jeff

Ok, so the "Mr. Science" answer for an eight year old satisfies you. In
the words of Harry Callahan, "A man's got to know his limitations".
Miscibility is the key to the closer inter-molecular packing, but since
you are happy, I won't go into polar solutions, ionic substances, London
Dispersion and induced dipole-dipole attraction.

--
jeff

Old July 13th 05, 04:37 PM
BillyRay

Okay, if you want a more technically correct answer continue reading. Let me
know if you want to go into the mathematics.

There are many examples of liquids that have a negative volume of mixing.
The reasons are not always evident, and are frequently restatements of "It
happens because it happens." rather than providing a fundamental explanation
that can be independently tested experimentally.

In the case of ethanol and water, the "reason" is that liquid water has a
rather "open" structure due to hydrogen bonding. The same is not so true of
ethanol. So when the two are mixed, the ethanol interferes with this "open"
structure of water and causes it to "collapse", and hence reduce the volume
relative to the sum of the volumes of the components.

A related property of water is the minimum in the molar volume at about 4C
(at sea level).

If a water soluble solid has an "open" structure that can be made more
compact by dissolving, one would expect a similar result.

It is difficult to predict if and when it will happen because it could also
depend upon the temperature and the pressure at which the components are
mixed. ...