No power to radio

Old June 16th 05, 01:18 AM
Stephen Cowell

"michael g via CarKB.com" > wrote in message =
> I just got off the phone with the dealership again, and they said they
> checked all fuses... So this would obviously just leave the factory =

radio
> wires? How much does that cost to get fixed

Perhaps there's an inline fuse you're missing...
__
Steve
..

Old June 16th 05, 03:48 AM
tim bur

lower right kick panel has a fuse box too
did u look at that one also?
they do sell harness bypass kits for the amps under the seat if u have one thtas
shorted out

Old June 16th 05, 03:53 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

They send it out.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 16th 05, 03:53 AM
tim bur

Old June 16th 05, 03:55 AM
tim bur

ya know i just remembered on the bac of the new radio is there 2 or 1 black boxes connected
inline on the red and yellow wires if the is cut them out and t it again

Old June 16th 05, 09:27 PM
Mike via CarKB.com

I replaced the fuse, and still nothing. Although my speaker made a weird
noise. Something similar to those test beeps that TV stations play every once
and a while. I also heard some static when moving the black and gray clips
around. It's gotta be a bad wire through there... So do I get the
red/yellow/black wires from the factory harness, splice them, and twist them
with the aftermarket wires and hope it works?

Cause if it's faulty wiring they'd have to replace it anyways... Only thing
from stopping me is that wires rarely go dead. It's the fuse that goes, not
the wires.

Old June 16th 05, 09:39 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Buy a volt meter, it sounds like you're guessing:
http://carstereohelp.net/wireharness_Chrysler1.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 17th 05, 02:53 AM
tim bur

do u have the little black boxes??? there is resisitors in them to prevent
battery draw and the resisitors are too good and won't allow 12 volts to even
pass more like 1-2 volts not enough to fire up the radio

Old June 17th 05, 03:46 AM
Mike via CarKB.com

Do you mean the black and gray box with the pins?

Old June 18th 05, 12:53 AM
tim bur

the radio has a wiring harness coming off the bac of it and usually
there is a black box on the power that is the size of a ice cube and
that's the box i was referring to