BMW 328i Mis Firing at low RPM

Old March 29th 05, 03:13 PM
Shane Ward via CarKB.com

Default BMW 328i Mis Firing at low RPM

hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a recon
engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to
mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i drive it an put the foot
door at low rpm it mis fires badly but as soon as it hits 3000rpm its fine
..any ideas.?????????????????????? or any one heard of this before

Old March 29th 05, 03:32 PM
John Burns

> hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a recon
> engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to
> mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i drive it an put the foot
> door at low rpm it mis fires badly but as soon as it hits 3000rpm its fine
> .any ideas.?????????????????????? or any one heard of this before

First thing to do is read the fault codes.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
Old March 29th 05, 04:03 PM
Shane Ward via CarKB.com

the thing is its not registering it as a fault no engine check light comes
on when it faults could it be crapy spark plugs or supressers

Old March 29th 05, 06:09 PM
Raybender

"Shane Ward via CarKB.com" wrote:

> hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a recon
> engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to
> mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i drive it an put the foot
> door at low rpm it mis fires badly but as soon as it hits 3000rpm its fine
> .any ideas.?????????????????????? or any one heard of this before

You need to tell us the year. However, misfire under heavy load (foot down) at
low rpm is almost garanteed to be "weak spark" that's "blowing out" under the
high cylinder pressure.

Frank

Old March 30th 05, 02:07 PM
Shane Ward via CarKB.com

its a 1996 328i coupe i just bought new bmw spark plugs to see would that
make a difference but it didnt. i changed the landda probs the two off them
cause it was running lean on 3 cycliners so dont know wots up with it

Old April 12th 05, 10:12 PM
Bobby Spuggets

Hi Shane

My E36 M3 had really strange misfiring problems with no fault codes. Under
acceleration the engine was pretty much fine, but if the revs were held
steady or decelerating, it missed like mad. After lots of head scratching
the problem disappeared when I removed all the relays from the box under the
bonnet on the passenger side (UK passenger!), sanded down the contacts on
them and sprayed with WD40 before replacing.

Don't know if this is at all helpful, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 328
had a similar layout...

HTH

Spugs

"Shane Ward via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> hi All, Was wondering having a few problem with my 328i i just put a
> recon
> engine into it im having trouble with it mis firing, now it only starts to
> mis fire when it reaches operating temp and when i drive it an put the
> foot
> door at low rpm it mis fires badly but as soon as it hits 3000rpm its fine
> .any ideas.?????????????????????? or any one heard of this before

95 SL2 idling rough #2 cyl missing but firing Born2Ride59 Saturn 4 December 22nd 04 04:55 AM
Time to closed loop temp too long? (E36 328i) Karl Winkler BMW 8 December 5th 04 11:57 PM
1999 328I Steve n Holly BMW 2 November 18th 04 02:36 PM
Firing order? lp13-30 Chrysler 4 October 17th 04 05:09 PM
"00" 328i Headlights burning out Glen BMW 3 September 22nd 04 11:18 AM