Got my GT!

Old February 6th 05, 01:46 AM
Bill Jones

"JohnW" > wrote in message
> By the way, mine came with the interior kit and was ordered in
> November...I
> have their build sheet.

John, where was the build sheet?

There was a thread about that over on the Mustang Source forum, and no one
could find their build sheets.

-Bill J.
95 GT

Old February 6th 05, 01:53 AM
Bill Jones

"Sunset Sam" > wrote in message
>I imagine this Shaker 1000 sound system is an option. If so, how much
> does it cost? Also, what type of system comes standard?

The Shaker 500 is standard on the Premium GTs. Comes with subwoofers in the
doors. The Shaker 1000 is a $1300 option. It's the same stereo, except
that it adds two subwoofers in the trunk and an additional 500W amp to power
the subs.

On the Deluxe GT, it's a standard single CD player with no subwoofers and 5"
x 7" speakers. Not really sure of the details.

-Bill J.
95 GT

Old February 6th 05, 01:59 AM
Bill Jones

"JohnH" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:22:02 -0500, "JohnW" > wrote:
>
> Congratulations, John. I've got a yellow 5sp manual, and I love it!
>
> The only thing I don't like is the logo in the center of the wheels.
> I'd much prefer the Mustang logo as opposed to a plain jane FORD logo.

John, I already told ya - bid on some of the standard '05 Bullitts on Ebay.
It's a lot better looking wheel, IMO, and you get the nice Pony logo as
well! What are you waiting for? You've been complaining about the wheels
since you got it... ;-)

-Bill J.
95 GT

Old February 6th 05, 02:50 AM
Bill Jones

"Bill Jones" > wrote in message
. com...

> "JohnH" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:22:02 -0500, "JohnW" > wrote:
>>
>> Congratulations, John. I've got a yellow 5sp manual, and I love it!
>>
>> The only thing I don't like is the logo in the center of the wheels.
>> I'd much prefer the Mustang logo as opposed to a plain jane FORD logo.

> John, I already told ya - bid on some of the standard '05 Bullitts on
> Ebay. It's a lot better looking wheel, IMO, and you get the nice Pony logo
> as well! What are you waiting for? You've been complaining about the
> wheels since you got it... ;-)

oops, my bad - the standard wheels don't have the Pony logo ... unless you
get the optional spinners. So get the spinners. :-)

-Bill J
95 GT

Old February 6th 05, 01:17 PM
John H

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:43:38 GMT, "Bill Jones" > wrote:

>Congrats on the new car John. The Torch Red is amazing - definitely looks
>fast when it's sitting still!
>
>Reading the web page about your rock band, I found that we have a lot in
>common. Haha! I'm within a couple years of your age, play a black Strat,
>love the same bands you like, have a 17-year old musician son (drums), and
>best of all, I am Mustang FREAK as well!
>
>I ordered an '05 GT on Dec 30 - still waiting for a build date, but that's
>okay since there's still a ton of melting snow here in CT. I knew the
>options I wanted right away - the 5-speed Premium GT with the Interior
>Upgrade, the standard Bullitt wheels, and the alarm. The hardest choice for
>me was the color. I've already had two red GTs, so was thinking of a
>change, and I originally ordered the Satin Silver. But I was never really
>thrilled with that color and it bugged me big-time for the next couple of
>weeks. Then a co-worker bought a Satin Silver V6 and I was looking at it in
>the parking lot every day that week. No offense to Satin Silver owners, but
>that color is really dull... Compared to every other silver car in the lot
>(granted they are nice cars like Volvos, BMWs, Audis, Infinitis, etc.) the
>Mustang silver looks like a flat gray. You can't even tell that it's
>metallic paint from more than 10 feet away or so.
>
>So I went out at lunch to see some colors in person at a dealer who had 4
>Mustangs on the lot. He had a Redfire, Torch Red, White, and Yellow. I
>loved the Torch Red, but that was my second choice... the Screaming Yellow
>really was screaming! :-) Called up my salesman right away and changed the
>color to yellow. I have a lot more peace of mind now. And yes, I'm getting
>the car for MSRP, even though the dealer has had $3K markups on every GT
>he's had in his lot.
>
>Anyway, congrats again on the new car! I didn't notice - did you post a
>link to any pictures of her?
>

>Bill J.
>-95 GT

I love my yellow GT!!!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old February 6th 05, 01:20 PM
John H

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:50:51 GMT, "Bill Jones" > wrote:

>"Bill Jones" > wrote in message
.com...

>> "JohnH" > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:22:02 -0500, "JohnW" > wrote:
>>>
>>> Congratulations, John. I've got a yellow 5sp manual, and I love it!
>>>
>>> The only thing I don't like is the logo in the center of the wheels.
>>> I'd much prefer the Mustang logo as opposed to a plain jane FORD logo.

>> John, I already told ya - bid on some of the standard '05 Bullitts on
>> Ebay. It's a lot better looking wheel, IMO, and you get the nice Pony logo
>> as well! What are you waiting for? You've been complaining about the
>> wheels since you got it... ;-)

>oops, my bad - the standard wheels don't have the Pony logo ... unless you
>get the optional spinners. So get the spinners. :-)
>

>-Bill J
>95 GT

Where did you find the spinners? I'm willing to look at something like that,
'cause maybe I can take the logo off. I don't want to spent the bucks for new
wheels, especially since the ones I have are already the upgrades.

Old February 6th 05, 02:43 PM
Bill Jones

"John H" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 02:50:51 GMT, "Bill Jones" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Bill Jones" > wrote in message
y.com...

>>> John, I already told ya - bid on some of the standard '05 Bullitts on
>>> Ebay. It's a lot better looking wheel, IMO, and you get the nice Pony
>>> logo
>>> as well! What are you waiting for? You've been complaining about the
>>> wheels since you got it... ;-)

>>oops, my bad - the standard wheels don't have the Pony logo ... unless
>>you
>>get the optional spinners. So get the spinners. :-)
>>

>>-Bill J
>>95 GT
>>

> Where did you find the spinners? I'm willing to look at something like
> that,
> 'cause maybe I can take the logo off. I don't want to spent the bucks for
> new
> wheels, especially since the ones I have are already the upgrades.

You're outa luck, at least for official Ford products. These both fit all
2005 Mustang wheels, except the 17" machined aluminum upgrade wheels.
You'll have to look around and see if there's an aftermarket replacement for
what you want. Maybe search The Mustang Source forums, or post there?

Spinners:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...826&detail=yes

Replacement center caps with Pony logo:

Old February 6th 05, 04:40 PM
JohnW

I haven't posted any links yet, but I JUST took pics with the digital cam a
few minutes back. I'll have 'em up later today. I'm new to this area of
Maryland, and went out to local towns scouting the car washes and detail
shops. Other than the self serves, I've yet to find something that looks
promising. Even with the crap on the roads, I can't help making runs dow
the twisty two lanes!

John
. com...

Old February 6th 05, 04:41 PM
JohnW

Hey JohnH (this is JohnW), I saw a Yellow GT in the theatre parking lot
Friday night. BEAUTIFUL!

Old February 6th 05, 08:37 PM
Sunset Sam

(Bill=A0Jones) Wrote:
>The Shaker 500 is standard on the Premium
>GTs. Comes with subwoofers in the doors. The
>Shaker 1000 is a $1300 option. It's the same
>stereo, except that it adds two subwoofers in
>the trunk and an additional 500W amp to power
>the subs.

Thanks for the response Bill. I bought a '98 a few months ago, and
think it's great. If I continue to enjoy this car as much as I have
been there's a chance I'll be looking at the '06s when they come out,
that's why I'm interested in the Shaker systems.
$1300 got me thinking and prompted me to do a search. The Shaker 1000
adds 320W of continuous power to what's already there for the Shaker
500. When Ford says 500W & 1000W for the 2 systems they're talking
peak power, and that's not a true guideline. RMS(continuous) is the
correct way to rate amplifier power.
For $1300 a person might be able to do better by going with aftermarket
products. One site I checked said the 1000 increased the price by
$1975... Ford's subwoofer enclosure in the trunk looks like it fits
nicely though. If I get to that point I'll probably check to see what
the enclosure itself(less speakers) will cost, and then go from there
with other products.
Shoot, in my '98 I added an enclosure with 2 10" subs and a 250W RMS
amplifier for under $300. But that was used equipment, medium quality.
The equipment new would have been at least double that.

Sidenote on the Shaker 1000: Someone in an earlier post said they
couldn't turn the volume up as loud as they wanted. They said for the
money they thought they should be able to turn it up louder(all the
way?), and still have it sound good.
All systems have limits. You'll find that different songs can be played
louder than others, and different songs/artists/discs need to have
different adjustments made to bass, treble, sub-fading, etc. Once you
get the hang of fine tuning that 1000 it should shake pretty good!